[ESX] tacoCarkeys - Get your carkeys to items and share with your friends!

This is a script that is letting your players get the vehicle to the cars in their inventory. This will make possibility for the players too share the key to the car to their friends and coworkers. If someone loses their key there is no problem. You could go to the key copier to get a new key! And if someone stole your last key, you can get a new key and plate.

There’s a config that is letting you change all the locales, coordinates and commands. For now the command is /lock to lock and /newplate to get a new plate and key. Ofcourse you could implement this into other scripts. If you need help just tell me.

For example:

if data.current.value == 'lock' then
		ExecuteCommand('lock')
	end

In my server I gave the plates to the mechanics, so only the mechanics can change plate for the players. This is totally up to you!

Requirments:
ESX Legacy
ox_inventory
esx_vehicleshop (If you want to give key when buying vehicle, not neccessary if they want to bring the key by themselves at the key copier)

Features:

• Ability to lock your own car/cars
  • Ability to share keys with your friends
  • Ability to change the plate and get a new key
    (The plate will change in database too, so no bugs will happen to your owned vehicles)
  • Ability to dupe your keys or get a new one if you lost the other
  • An easy config to your liking
  • 0.00ms (0.04 when showing marker at key copier)
  • FiveM asset escrow

OBS: This is not a garage script, it’s only for locking and changing plates.

Preview:
Streamable

Buy:
Tebex 10$

My other resources

4 Likes

nice script. however if you can, make the item useable. instead of doing /lock. it would be nice to just hit the button of the hotkey and it sets it lock/unlock

3 Likes

nice script, its esx or qb or m3?

Hey! It is for ESX, and you have to use ox_inventory

Thanks! Nice idea, I will look into that!
Should just be able to make the key usable and ExecuteCommand(‘lock’).

im unable to access the client side scripts so i cant edit it to make it work myself

Hey, go to \ox_inventory\modules\items\client.lua
And add:

Item(‘carkey’, function(data, slot)
ExecuteCommand(‘lock’)
end)

definitely works now. are we gonna be able to edit the animations/sounds? i use specific sounds for lock/unlocks

I can fix for animation yes. Maybe you could add sound when using the item?

will the key transfer if its sold?

No. If the player sells the vehicle to vehicleshop the key is useless and they can throw it. If they sell it to a player through a script they can just give the keys, that will be more realistic also.

Could there be any updates like making a motor on\off feature and the car un-driveable without keys (vehicle dont turn on) unless hotwired and if hotwired keys become useless and have to get a copy? Just wondering and thx for the great work.

If the plate is changed and new keys are given, are the last set of keys then deleted? Or are they just forever stuck in the server?

Hello, ur tebex link is down :')