ESX_JOBS not showing markers

Hello all,

I just setup an ESX server the other day and it’s all fine and dandy. Getting my feet wet with all sorts.

I’ve got esx_jobs and esx_joblisting installed with the usual zap hosting pack. I can get the jobs in the job center and see the blips on the radar when I set to true, but I don’t see any marker to do the actual job.

I’ve messed around with the config a bit, changing marker values and whatnot, but can’t seem to get it working.

Any ideas? I’m messing with the slaughterer job now. I see the blips for coop, slaughter house, etc but can’t actually do the job because there is no marker.

Thanks for any help.

1 Like

Have you changed your outfit for the job you’ve selected? IIRC, that’s when the actual task blips start to show up.

I’ve played this before in another server, but never been required to change clothes. I’ll read through the module, etc and see where the marker is to do that or if I can turn it off.

So I changed:

if data.current.value == 'citizen_wear' then
			onDuty = true

And the markers still haven’t shown up. I’ve played with this module quite a bit and reinstalled from the git repo bot esx_jobs and esx_joblisting but no dice.

I did notice when restarting the module that the console reports this error:

SCRIPT ERROR: @esx_jobs/client/main.lua:340: attempt to perform arithmetic on a vector3 value (local ‘coords’)

The else statement for 340 is where the markers are being painted:

else
						if(v.Marker ~= -1 and #(coords - v.Pos) < Config.DrawDistance) then
							DrawMarker(v.Marker, v.Pos.x, v.Pos.y, v.Pos.z, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0, 0.0, 0.0, v.Size.x, v.Size.y, v.Size.z, v.Color.r, v.Color.g, v.Color.b, 100, false, true, 2, false, false, false, false)

I commented this out and another block failed.

I commented that out and line 442 failed, which was another code block painting markers:

-- Else use radius defined from center
					--else
						--if #(coords - v.Pos) < v.Size.x then
							--isInMarker  = true
							--currentZone = k
							--zone        = v
							--break
						--else
							--isInMarker  = false
						--end

So I commented that out, and the module loads without error, but the markers still don’t show up. I’m wondering if there is something fundamentally wrong with this version of the resource. I’ll see if I can work with the zap hosting group to get it looked at unless anyone has any ideas.

I’m not super versed in writing/interpreting these .lua files as I just started messing with this stuff like two days ago and this is the first major issue I’ve come across that I could not dig into on my own.

I have the same thing, please help
SCRIPT ERROR: @esx_jobs/client/main.lua:340: attempt to perform arithmetic on a vector3 value (local ‘coords’)

Hey so I pulled from the old ESX_Jobs (not the Zap repo) extended mode repo.

ESX_Jobs

ESX_Joblisting

I overwrote them, then updated the locale (it was in French) to en on both esx_joblisting and esx_jobs, then updated main.lua in the client folder with the folloowing line:

onDuty = true

After the create thread and before the register even functions on line 20 and restarted resource and it works.

The jobs needed some updating (turning on blips etc) but otherwise it was good to go.

So there is definitely something wrong with the latest zap hosting module imo.

I have everything working in my server now!
If you are using Zap-Hosting ESX V1 and your Map Blips work but no markers make sure to download these and replace the files.

esx_jobs (github.com)

esx_joblisting (github.com)

More info

• Before testing make sure your Database has everything it needs. If you use Zap-Hosting ESX V1 Pack you should just be able to replace the files and it should work like it should have in the first place.

• Make sure to change your Civ Clothes to Work Clothes. If you do not, The Marker will show but will not work.

If you still need help don’t be afraid to ask, Just do it.

2 Likes

seems to work now but now iam getting a
script error: @esx_addaccount/server/main.lua:36: attempt to get length of a nil value (field ‘?’)

1 Like

Which method did you use? Did you use the mycroft repo or the extendedmode repo?

I used the extended mode repo and don’t have that error. I’m also using esx_multiplayer so my config might be different from yours with respect to how characters are loaded.

I replaced the files from emeryoutdoors3 lastest post and thats it.

Both files are ESX_joblisting

one was esx jobs abd the other was esx joblisting. after that the blips showed up now iam gettting that error

Check this post…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.