[ESX] [FREE] esx_s_fishing

Hello!

Today I’m releasing my fishing script which I wrote from scratch few nights ago and continuing my work to make FiveM forums free again.

I didn’t find any free fishing scripts that wouldn’t need major tweaks to fit my needs, so i wrote one myself.

Also, I looked up on some paid ones and well… ngl, but this is probably better than some of those out there :s

How-To-Use

→ Purchase fishing rod
→ Go somewhere with wet water
→ Use rod and start fishing

This does not feature any kind of bait system or whatnot, mainly cause I didn’t need and didn’t see any practical reason why it would be needed.
If you want, you can modify it to your liking and add those baits.

Features:

• Fishing license (requires esx_licenses, config option to turn off)

• Fishing shop to buy rod and sell fishes

• Easy to add more and new fishes (Config)

• Variety of fishes, you can easily add more (Config)

• Clean stuff, easy to configure

• Logs to Discord when catching fish and selling items

• No fishing zones, go find your very own spot where ever you want.

• Able to fish on boat

• Multiple checks so you can’t do anything retarded, such fish inside a car

• Shop is open only during day

• Minigame integrated to files so you don’t need any external downloads (Also won’t conflict if you already have it somewhere else)
    note, not trying to claim it as my own, its freely released on these forums but can’t recall it’s name

• NPC’s and animations and stuff

• SQL file for fishes and rod

• runs 0.00 - 0.03ms (spikes 0.07 when opening shop and stuff)

• Oh yeah, its free

• I think that’s about all…?

Preview

Download from Github

Preview for Discord Logs
f4f1ceecf50971de05843957103b092f
104c7d6726e77939e87c55f7c97caeee

Thank you for reading. Enjoy

18 Likes

nice release

2 Likes

Nice release keep it up!

1 Like

Nice release!

Would be a cool feature if all the items in the config have an individual math random chance of catching. That way, you could have a true random loot pool from fishing!

Thanks again for the free release - Whippet :100:

1 Like

nice relase!

1 Like

Well, it is already random, but if you wish so, you can add some elseif’s in serverside with math.random to give better rewards when hitting that rng. As a quickhack.

Feel as though the adding of math.random to every catchable item would really make this the COMPLETE fishing resource!

Thanks again, Whippet :100:

Fishing rod sticks with player after using it also “tuna” doesn’t seem to sell, otherwise this is an amazing script.

Great work!

Are you using onesync? I mean, it does not stick when i try to replicate. Also seems as i have forgotten to add tuna in config, you can easily add it yourself :+1:t2:

1 Like

Yes, using onesync legacy, any way we can make it work with that?

Umm, it worked fine for me with Onesync legacy

1 Like

Seems like now it works, might have been some other addon causing it ill have to keep messing with it. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi there! Looks like Im having some issues. For some reason when the skillcheck comes up and I finish it the skillcheck just freezes and nothing happens. Not sure what Im doing wrong also below is the video of whats going on.

Did you change the script name

Yep I just noticed that the script had a HTML folder thank you!

1 Like

Really nice script. Thanks for sharing.

How do I go about editing the minigame? I’d prefer the player didn’t have to spam E quite so many times but for the life of me I can’t find that variable in any of the scripts, even checked the ones in the html folder.

Fishing can now get a bug. You know, can you fix it? It’s the same as a poison ring

Card multiple rods

What.

There appears to be a bug where a person can use the fishing rod multiple times and it will allow more fish to be caught. However with my inventory script we use DP Inventory and that has a hotbar for items and if the rod is put there players spam the number to use the rod multiple times but seen also when dragging to use.

Pretty much if using the rod while starting fishing if you use it multiple times it will act like you just started fishing thus allowing multiple fish to be caught and people with macros have a faster chance of getting fish.

Are you also able to make the mini game multiple keys?