Essentialmode <-> ESX Database Compatibility

Hello guys,

I’m trying to setup an ESX server for awhile and I’m having problems figuring out how to put the different SQL files together.

esplugin_mysql has it’s own SQL file, which contains only one table “users”, with these columns:

identifier | license | money | bank | permission_level | group

On the other hand ESX also comes with a SQL file, which has various tables, including “users”.
The “users” table contains:

identifier | group | job | job_grade | inventory | loadout | position
Almost the same except they are missing “license” and “permission_level”.

When I run the SQL file I understandably get an error:

SQL Error (1050) Table “users” already exists.

Are these two different tables suppose to coexist separately or they should merge together, or only the ESX SQL is enough?

I’m confused.

1 Like

You need to add the Es_Extended .sql file first, than add the esplugin_mysql file.

1 Like

So all of the columns should be:

identifier | group | job | job_grade | inventory | loadout | position | license | permission_level

Correct?

And one more question - is EssentialMode Base required for the ESX mod?

They dropped the dependency of “essentialmode”… I believe a month or so ago (Someone correct me on the timeframe).

So yes and no - NO if you’re up to date.
Yes if you aren’t

1 Like

I did a fresh install today, using the latest github releases, so I guess I don’t need the Base mode.

If you are using the latest es_extended version, you don’t need Essentialmode which also means you don’t need esplugin_mysql.

2 Likes

2 months ago according to the commits on their GitHub page.

2 Likes

Interesting…

Then what about: mysql-async, async, es_ui, es_admin2 ?

es_ui and es_admin2 need EssentialMode to work. I’ve never used them either of them.

mysql-async and async are required for es_extended to work

1 Like

One last question, if esplugin_mysql is not needed anymore, does that mean I don’t need to import the sql file that comes with it?
If that’s the case, the “users” table will be short of two Columns - “license” and “permission_level”.

I presume that I still have to import it, because I couldn’t find any other place in the DB to set my permissions.

You don’t need it anymore but from what I’ve seen… you seem to make the import of the SQL file into your database complicated.

What software do you use for your DB? (assuming you’re self-hosting).

I’m hosting my server on a dedicated machine using WampServer for my database with phpMyAdmin and I simply copy/paste the files into the DB I created.

1 Like

My server is running MariaDB, hosted on a VPS (Debian/Linux). I use HeidiSQL to connect with my DB.

I know how to create/import files into MySQL, the thing is that since I’m fairly new in FiveM (started yesterday) I wasn’t sure what exactly should be into the server’s DB.

Now it’s getting clearer :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help. :+1:

1 Like

I copy/paste everything expect the first line which usually is this

USE `essentialmode`;

other than that, I copy/paste the entire SQL file.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.