[ERROR] [MySQL] [es_extended] An error happens on MySQL for query "SELECT * FROM items": ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR: Access denied for user 'root'@'172.18.0.6' (using password: YES) error

i keep getting

[ERROR] [MySQL] [es_extended] An error happens on MySQL for query "SELECT * FROM items": ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR: Access denied for user 'root'@'172.18.0.6' (using password: YES)

if someone could give me a solution that would be great

Do you have the correct password in the MySQL connection line?

Yes, i do

Missing port

How do i fix that?

set mysql_connection_string mysql://username:password@host/database?dateStrings=true

In your server.cfg replace and configure

host of your server ?

I have not set it up like that, i set it up differently. ill give that one a try.

set mysql_connection_string mysql://username:password@host/database?dateStrings=true

where it says username i put the database username and were it says password i put the password?

Yes if you are sure you have no password then delete password word
Replace username by your username for you login in
And database write you database name for your gameserver

Who host your server ?

secured.gg

You now zaphosting is pre configured and more simple but okok tell me if my solution work

ive been screwed over by zap, and it didnt work its giving me this

Zap uses a special string
set mysql_connection_string “server=mysql-mariadb-ID_OF_SQL_SERVER.zap-hosting.com;database=zap_ID_OF_DATABASE;userid=zap_ID_HERE;password=ENTER_YOUR_PASSWORD_HERE;”

If you need further help DM me

Is not on zap are you read correctly

set mysql_connection_string “mysql://username:password@host/database?dateStrings=true”

Like these in you server.cfg
And make sure all script essential for datable are up to date

He said “ive been screwed over by zap, and it didnt work its giving me this
So I’m assuming that he uses ZAP to host his server.

He said secured.gg

1 Like

@horchata use this
set mysql_connection_string "server=DB_IP;database=DB_NAME;userid=DB_USER;password=DB_PASS;"

1 Like

ok, that worked now im getting this image
and also my screen stays like this,

. its flickering.