Encrypting a file or folder from my resources

Is it possible to encrypt a file/folder just to avoid ppl stealing my resources? Because i’ve been hiring a dev for my server and then i notice that he always steal my resources and used it on his own running server. To be specific about my question, i want to lock my paid resources so that those dev that im hiring can’t steal without my permission. Is there anyway i can lock/encrypt it and can still run in my server while it is encrypted/locked?

1 Like

The server can’t load encrypted files, and even if you made some script to load stuff then it could still be decrypted easily by the person as you have to decrypt it to run it

Maybe you should make sure the people you “hire” can be trusted

Paid content is violation of the FiveM terms of service (only exception built-in commerce system)

1 Like

alright thanks for the reply!
didnt know about that violation, i thought it’s cool if i buy scripts from sites or ppl.
anyway, thanks!

2 Likes

No you can not, you can’t hire a dev aswell, i strongly recommend reading the ToS.

What’s the point of running a server if you don’t read the ToS, that’s like going on a trip to a very dangerous place where you’re probably gonna die but you didn’t do research before you went there. Nice comparison.

1 Like

keep in mind that its 2020, majority will neglect / skip reading the ToS.

3 Likes

http://obfuscate.filesecuring.com/

Here it is

1 Like

What if the owner doesn’t know how to code & just wanna hire a Dev to do that?

1 Like

Thats on you to be completely fair, however im pretty sure if u took the liberty and time to read the tos u would have understood it.