Enabling OneSync, do I need OneSync Infinity?

Hello, I did my best to search the forum and reddit but didn’t see anything related or specific to my question.

I am enabling OneSync on my server since I need more than the 32 slots now (I am eligible for OneSync since I am a Patreon), my question is do I need to enable OneSync Infinity?

With my host there are three things for OneSync you can enable: OneSync, OneSync Infinity, and OneSync Beyond (I guess thats NPC related).

Which one would I need to enable in order for OneSync to work proberly? never dealt with OneSync before on a server side. Thank you

There’s no difference between them server-side (apart from a very minor increase in CPU and RAM usage when running Infinity), the main difference is on the client - “normal” OneSync (known as OneSync Legacy nowadays) still syncs all clients to all clients on the server, while Infinity (and whatever Beyond is, I imagine) only sync clients that are 300-ish units or closer to an individual client, and everything else happens server-side. That means, for example, that older admin menus will need to be adapted as they use client-sided loops to fetch other players and on Infinity a single client has no awareness of any other clients beyond the 300 units mark, so they will not display.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I am starting to understand it. Few follow-up questions when you say 300 units does that mean members? My server averages 40 players a session now.

I do use es_admin so I am assuming I am probably going to need to update that to one that works with OneSync. Thank you

units is a GTA measure of distance and it’s pretty close to EU metres distance-wise
And yeah I dont think es_admin works with Infinity - it’s been around for ages now and I really doubt it’s been updated properly.

1 Like

Which is fine I am okay with that, I can use other Admin menus (even vMenu) works out for us.

So I am ESX and 40 players like I said, what would your advice be as far as which ‘route’ with OneSync to take?