Donations on a server

So i was wondering.

our server is not live yet do note this

but we have heard from poeple that accepting donations on your FiveM server is illegal. i understand why but alot of servers do this.
our plan was since we don’t really have alot of money oruselfs is to accept donations in return give poeple who want to buy this ( nobody has to its a possibility ) give ingame perks or rewards. as a thankyou of donating.

all the money we wil make of the FiveM server wil be put in to the server to expand it make it better maybe even make multiple servers.

is this legal or illegal we just wanne make sure before we open the server :slight_smile:

tnx arleady

1 Like

You could always accept donations, as long as all money went into the server and you weren’t making a profit. However, with the recent change and Tebex partnership, you can now again a profit as long as you are using the Tebex website.

tnx alot care to explain what the tebex website is i have no clue? do you have to use that to open your server o?

as i read this
correct me if im wrong.

if you have a server fully made by yourself. or scripts purchased from a licensed user you can use tebex or am i totally reading this wrong rn?

also the donations

can i accept them when poeple buy for example perks on the server so they can join full servers and also
get acces to a premium car garage for example.

or can i also for example make starter packs for poeple who wanne donate 1s and get a headstart?
or is that considered P2W and illegal

donations are legal only if there is no profit for YOURSELF. If it’s for improving the server it’s fine.

so i can make starter packs to give poeple a car and money if they donate

and also make patreon monthly payments to give poeple certain perks on the server

ass long as im using hte money for the server

This is incorrect if you use the Tebex website. Please update yourself on the subject.

@Emilio121 As far as perks, that should be fine, however, all money from Patreon would need to be used for the server only and you are supposed to stop receiving money when you have enough as anything past is considered “profit”. If you use Tebex, you can continuously receive money and make a profit.

He wasn’t talking about tebex, he was talking about regular donations (as far as I understood).
Also, tebex is not donations at all, it is a 100% purchase

well there never really is a stop in the way you can expand right? we wanne get multiple servers of multiple kinds, one in dutch bcs i am dutch one in english for example etc.

but about the tebex tho correct me if im wrong tebex only works for servers who created their own scripts and or bought them from a licensed seller right?

using leaked scripts and changing them is not in that categorie just to be clear?

Never heard of this…? Can you show where you found this information?

bcs we bcs we don’t have a big budget are using a few leaked items that we are finishing ourselfs and changing ourselfs so idk if i can make a tebex with that