Disable Shift-ScrollWheel and Ctrl-ScrollWheel shortcuts in chromium

If a client is sprinting in the game while maintaining the shift key it is not possible to do vertical scrolling in chromium since this is the shortcut for horizontal scrolling.

The same is true for ctrl-scroll, it is trying to zoom I suppose but it is breaking the vertical scrolling too.

I propose to disable those shortcuts in chromium so that they will do a regular vertical scrolling instead which is probably better for a video game context

Changing default behavior is probably not a good idea, as some people might rely on things to work this way.

1 Like

Yes indeed, maybe a Native to disable it then.

Would it make sense to change this only in keep-input mode?

As a person who uses it, I wouldn’t want to see it removed.

Generally I’d want to know why the person is designing their project in a certain way that would require something like this, and see if there are other ideas that could be better used.

The suggestion for me was mainly for phone ressources with mouse support and keeping inputs.
It is not possible to fully use the phone while on foot as it will stop the scrolling when sprinting.

In this video I keep scrolling all the time but it stops when holding shift

So yes, in my case it would make sense in keep-input mode.

How are you using it, can you share your use case?

In this case then a way to opt in for this feature is probably the best

Mine is mainly related to zoom; use case is pretty simple, hard to read certain size fonts, some work arounds require opening the devtools using the external url http://localhost:13172/ and editing things to make it usable.

Granted, if its something that is optional as persented by your use case, then an optional piece for the user to control would be most suitable. Accessiblity is always great to have, and more of it is always an improvement.