Difficulty streaming weapons.meta

So I’m trying to make a mod that turns the abandoned “weapon_grenadelauncher_smoke” into an actual tear gas launcher.
For some reason it keeps crashing my client when I spawn the actual weapon in, even when I revert my streamed weapons.meta back to the default settings. I’m not sure if I’ve messed up the syntax of the weapons.meta or if my __resource.lua is incorrect.

resource_manifest_version '77731fab-63ca-442c-a67b-abc70f28dfa5'

-- add the files to be sent to the client
files {
  'weapons/weapons.meta'
}

-- specify data file entries to be added
-- these entries are the same as content.xml in a DLC pack
data_file 'WEAPONINFO_FILE_PATCH' 'weapons/weapons.meta'

http://pastebin.com/bQCtqJLv

I had previously used ‘WEAPONINFO_FILE’ in the __resource.lua but it seemed to have no effect.

Anyone know what I’ve messed up in the above codes? I’m at a complete loss. I’ve tried parsing the xml of the weapons.meta online and apparently there’s no errors.

Edit:
Should probably post the crash report here just in case it’s of any use, even though we already know it’s due to streaming the weapons.meta

[Window Title]
Error march-march-nineteen

[Main Instruction]
“march-march-nineteen”

[Content]
A march-march-nineteen caused FiveM to stop working. A crash report is being uploaded to the FiveM developers. If you require immediate support, please visit FiveM.net and mention the details below.

[^] Hide details [Close]

[Expanded Information]
Crash signature: fivem.exe+C4C4A1
Report ID: c1cff565-ad5d-4dc1-8a64-4bc362b8b812 (use Ctrl+C to copy)

moved to: #development:scripts

It’s more of a script issue, than tech support :mascot:

Alright, thanks. I figured streaming issues counted as tech support instead of scripting. Will probably be more likely to get attention here anyway. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.