[DEV TOOLS] Copy Coordinates in game to your computer clipboard

Hey all,

We have updated the resource, please refer below to new commands and usage.

Here is a Dev Tool built that we use to copy coordinates in game. It allows us to copy coordinates from in game to our clipboard. So if you need to get coordinates for various spawn points you can now do that more efficiently! Please read up on how to below, you may refer to our Github page.

Command Arguments Description
copycoords decimal-places (optional) Copies the coords in their default structure, rounded to the given number of decimal places. The format this outputs is: x, y, z, h.
copycoords-prefixed decimal-places (optional) Copies the coords in a prefixed structure, rounded to the given number of decimal places. The format this outputs is: x = x, y = y, z = z, h = h.
copycoords-xyz decimal-places (optional) Copies the coords in the structure required for the /tp command. The format this outputs is: x y z.
copycoords-custom decimal-places (required), template (required, replaces instances of :x, :y, :z, :h) Copies the coords in the given template, example: /copycoords 2 'x is :x and the heading is :h returns 'x is 1.11 and the heading is 1.11.
showcoords none Displays my current coords at the top of the screen

copycoords-custom command and its usefulness

This is by far the most useful command for developers. Here are some examples.

I’m creating a config file for one of my resources, which needs a table of x/y/z/h coords.

_Config = {
    coords = {
        {x = 1000.1234, y = 2000.2345, z = 3000.3456, h = 180},
    }
}

I want to go to several locations in the map, in-game and get the co-ordinates of said locations for my Config file.

I run to a location and run this command:

/copycoords-custom 3 "{x = :x, y = :y, z = :z, h = :h},"

Assuming my x/y/z/h coords are 1.11111, 2.222222, 3.333333, 4.444444, this will copy the following to my clipboard:

{x = 1.111, y = 2.222, z = 3.333, h = 4.444},

With this, I just paste it into the config file, go to my next location and tab up to the same command again, paste it, move on etc.

Thanks (@pseud for the PR)
Enjoy!

Newton.

20 Likes

Excellent work!

2 Likes

Exactly what we needed, thanks!

1 Like

OMG it’s nice script~! thx for lot

1 Like

Thank you !!!

1 Like

Amazing script bro. Very useful!!!

1 Like

Ill add this to my favourites! :smiley:

1 Like

you beast!

1 Like

Hey all!

We’ve updated the resource! Please refer to the original post.

Super useful! :slight_smile: Happy to help

1 Like

:heart_eyes:

1 Like