[dev] hb_notifications | A notification system

Hey! this resource adds new Notifications to your server!

Important: this is a development resource! it does not add anything usefull to your server!

I don’t have very much to say, so here is a picture and a video:

alternative here

notification

Are you happy with the design?

• I am happy with the design!
  • no not really
  • no, but I have some suggestions I’ve wrote in a reply below

0 voters

how to install and use

thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy!

direct download: (make always sure that the link has the correct version otherwise you might download a old version. Current Version is 1.2
hb_notificationsv1.2.7z (156.6 KB)

github download:

my github page:

have a nice day and take a :hamburger:

:3

5 Likes

This looks like [Dev-Resource] Mythic Notifications but I can see that it’s not because of the design! I’m sorry but it’s not much that you are showing and what you show me in your video isn’t anything special in my own opinion, but afterall, that’s just my own opinion so you don’t have to care.

Also, the design is not that great, you could get that better with color codes that matches each other etc. It feels like a script that is a remake of another one. But the bouncing effect is cool, just make it smaller so it doesn’t look like a cartoonish thingy!

Otherwise, great start! I hope you come back with more updates to it, so it gets better and better! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback! I am definitely new to css and all that designing stuff, so I’ll try to make some upgrades on it, I appreciate it.

Have a nice day!

1 Like

At the current state of the resource if 2 notifications were to go into the same position it would overlap. Would maybe look into notification stacking that way all the notifications will be on the screen for the amount of time defined.

1 Like

Hey, I like the script, good work. just wondering if i could grab the sendtestmsg code from you… Id greatly appreciate it

You gotta guys stop taking other’s resource, edit it and call it your own resource. That’s autistic.

Hi !
I really like your way of acquiring feebacks. I am UX / UI designer and it would be a pleasure to help you design notifications if you ever want to discuss it.

Nice job, thank you very much!

1 Like

this is a dev resource… its meant to be used by the public, and who said anyones claiming its theirs.

I’ll fix it today!
Thanks for letting me know! :smiley:

How did you came to that?

Everything in this resource is made by myself and has at the current point no content of other people in it, and if it would be the fact someday, then I’ll link the people for their work. That’s the point and has nothing to worry about.

Have a nice day! :hamburger:

@nathangladney how do you mean that?
If you just want to paste that into your code, then you can surely do that, as long it’s only the TriggerEvent or TriggerClientEvent that you want to use there.

If I have misunderstood something here, reply below or pm me and I will explain.

Hey, Im wondering if anyone could help me make this work with a chatmessage script, like a /announce (text announcement) Id be very appreciative.

Update v. 1.1

• bug fixes | fixed bug that you see many boxes on the screen if you have connected.

that’s all for now, next update will follow soon!

have a nice day. :hamburger:

1 Like

Hey could anyone tell me what Im doing wrong, doesn’t want to work.

ERROR MESSAGE

[ANNOUNCEMENT]:test Error running system event handling function for resource announce: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: Failed to execute thread: @announce/server.lua:4: attempt to concatenate a nil value (global 'args') stack traceback: @announce/server.lua:4: in upvalue 'handler' citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:219: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:218> stack traceback: [C]: in function 'error' citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: in field 'CreateThreadNow' citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:218: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:182>

CLIENT.LUA*

RegisterCommand("announce", function(source, args) TriggerServerEvent("announce", table.concat(args, " ")) end)

SERVER.LUA

RegisterServerEvent("announce") AddEventHandler("announce", function(param) TriggerclientEvent("hb_notifications:display", -1, "top-middle", "ANNOUNCEMENT: "..args, "rgb(255, 14, 88)", 14000) end)

You have forgotten to set this above the TriggerClientEvent in your server.lua:

local args = table.concat(args, " ")

Have a nice day! :hamburger:

Update v.1.2

• updgraded animation
  • updatet design
  • solved problem that you see small boxes for a little while, if you are connecting
  • added sound for notifications

the new syntax is now:

TriggerEvent("hb_notifications:display", "position", "text", "color", time, sound(true/false toggle)

the newest update can be installed from the github page linked in the main topic here

Edit: to the fact that I can’t edit my release topic, because I already did (and I have now waited over 3 hours…) I’ll post the new video and screenshot to it here:

alternative here

newdesign

update v. 1.3

• added Wiki
  • added var _break
  • added var linestrike
  • added function color
  • added function underlined
  • added function bold
  • added function small
  • added function strikethrough
  • added function italic
  • added function big

If you want to try it out, please head to the Wiki, there is everything explained.

:slight_smile:

hello nice script, but could you give an example how to run it for example at a player’s login?

I want it to appear in the center of the screen, instead of it appearing on the right, where and how should I edit it?