Deprecating CitizenMP.Server

Starting from this point, CitizenMP.Server is considered deprecated. Support for joining legacy servers will be removed from the client at a future point, however (unless other critical issues will arise) not before August 15th, 2017.

The download for CitizenMP.Server has been removed (and will redirect to the FXServer installation guidance page), and all new deployments should use FXServer.

There are some compatibility concerns with legacy NeoLua scripts on the server, these are (and if you find any, should be) documented on the wiki page.

If the legacy server is still needed, for the time being it can be downloaded from the archives.

We are aware this can be inconvenient, however these are required steps in order for us to be able to provide reliability improvements to the game code in the future.

11 Likes

So, If we continue to use CitizenMP.server will it still operate and be on server lists?

At least until the 15th of August

After support is removed, no. You should make a plan to migrate to FXS whenever possible.

2 Likes

Can you explain how to replace metatables?

will this make it easier for couchdb users to intergrate mysql mods into their servers or is this going to be a massive rapture

One way could be to add the metatable again after it’s been sent

AddEventHandler("Whatever",function(Player)
   setmetatable(Player,PlayerMetaTable)
end)

We don’t force any database and both of them should still work fine. The goal with FX is to have 1:1 compatibility for resources.

when are you going to fix your shitty documentation for fx server?

3 Likes

@Jelman, other people have no issues reading and understand the documentation :wink:

sorry a little tired atm what does a 1:1 compatibility mean for us server owners?

You have got to be kidding me. So you want everyone to migrate (in my case thousands of users) over to a platform that has in its title “Beta-ish”? I threw up a test server last week and had more issues than ever before.

Let me get this straight are going to force the entire FiveM community, developers, and admins to a broken flimsy barely tested piece of software why again?

4 Likes

No? :thinking:

Hmmmm…

Not even close to the truth.

I’ve been running FXServer for at least a month now, and have not had any issues that I cant fix/haven’t been fixed asap. If you can’t manage, then you need to find a new project.

3 Likes

IT HAS BETA-ISH IN THE DOWNLOAD TITLE. How is this being forced on everyone. I am a solo dev, I don’t have a team like most of you guys.

7 Likes

imho FX server is a bitch to port over to with some of the very old addons, especially for servers that rely on the mysql version of essentialmode

3 Likes

I see a lot of complaints coming from people who as far as I know are using a free platform that is in alpha.

1 Like

You are pretty hostile towards everyone, the maturity level is non existent with you. Brown nose all you want, I am entitled to my opinion and have close to 500+ development hours on my server. This really irks me and is going to pull all my time in development towards migrating now.

1 Like

This forum is full of so much elitism.

people like @Tyler_Sadler and @Shuzu drive people away

1 Like

Your own damn wiki has this listed for server porting: Porting notes
Still TBD! If you have any notes, write them here.

Yet you expect 70-80% of the server admins to port their servers over in less than 29 days, you guys at fivem must be smoking some crazy dope.

4 Likes

I hundred percent agree with you ^

You release a server folder so we can start deving on it and then you just take it away after months of hard work and tell us to start over. Rip

2 Likes