Default Chat Resource Is Conflicting With It's GTA:O Theme

Using the latest server beta build (2612) and the latest cfx provided base resources, my chat still dosen’t work after a factory new reset and 3 days of searching.
Loading both resources:

[...]
ensure chat
ensure chat-theme-gtao
[...]

I am pretty sure you only start one or the either, for example if you want the gta online theme then don’t start the normal chat, if you want the normal chat then don’t start the gta online theme

That is far from the latest.

https://runtime.fivem.net/artifacts/fivem/build_server_windows/master/

What specifically is not working?

This is not correct, the chat-theme-gtao resource is just a ‘theme’ for the chat resource.

I mean the beta build… The one with the latest dlc on.

It dosen’t look like the gta:online one… the two resources are conflicting as seen in the initial post’s screenshot.
It should look like this: (it works upon stopping only the chat resource when ingame but the whole chat stops working “clientside”? when rejoining…

That’s called the game build.

If you had simply said “the colors are not correct”, that would have saved me several minutes of Googling and image comparison.

You’re misinterpreting what you are seeing. When the chat text is white, you are looking at the default chat resource with the gtao theme applied. The chat messages on the side and the chatbox are all being drawn by the chat resource’s NUI, as you can see below:

When you stop the chat resource, the gto theme is also no longer being applied, as it is just a theme for said chat resource, as I said above. What you are seeing when you are stopping the chat resource is, in fact, the default GTA chat; it is not being drawn by the chat resource’s NUI or any NUI for that matter. You couldn’t tell the difference because the gto theme looks very similar to the original GTA chat, the only incorrect thing is the white text color. The image below shows it is not a NUI element.

This happens because the default chat resource is calling SetTextChatEnabled. When you stop the chat resource, this stops taking effect, and the default, non-functional chat returns. Which is what you are interacting with in your screenshot.

If your only issue with the gtao theme is the white text color, all you need to do is change it.

The colors aren’t correct but the arrow in the chat input and the thicker names isn’t the thing i aim… i only want the theme of the gta:online with the [ALL] in the chat input. I only want the latest screenshot i sent.

The game build dosent Include the dlc contents if i put the latest, therefore i need to force the one for the dlc.

I’m not really experienced with coding in general… My bad if i misunderstand stuff.

I also remember this to work for a long while about 1 to 2 years ago on my server… But i have no idea what did i changed or what updated for it to stop doing it correctly…

Fixed it myself, closing this thread.
Edit: I can’t lol.

Can you share how you fixed it for others who come across this topic?

Idk honestly… I commented some things, changed values here and there as i’m really not good in coding.
I don’t mind sharing my mess if it could actually help someone of course…

cl_chat.lua (7.3 KB)

All you’ve done is disable the NUI part of the chat resource from opening, and reenabled the base game, non-functional, chat. If you had actually read my previous response, you would know this is not a solution.

as long as i can see other’s messages i’m fine. yes, i did read your reply but as i said i don’t know anything with coding almost… i tried to understand the most i could but i aim to have a server that keeps the vanilla theme to it’s closest, i just need the basic gta:o chat, that’s what i mean.

atleast this one dosen’t conflict with vmenu in any ways. (voice chat bound on “n” actually toggles when writing on the nui.)

Yep, pretty disappointing as i can’t find a resource which properly replicates the gta:o chat.

The modification i made actually makes people unable to see what i wrote. I now get what you meant by “non functional” @ChristopherM… I had to test it with friends to realize. Really wished to setup a very basic server that has a gta online aesthetic including resources such as the chat i mentioned earlier. I’ll have to disable the chat for now and use text messages trough a phone resource i found before in order to stick with the default gta:o apparence.

Thanks for helping however,
Peace out :v: