DDoS attack protection in asia

Hello everyone?
I have my own servers on FiveM. But i have attacked DDoS so many times. My server location is in Asia. Please help me how to protect DDoS attack.

2 Likes

We also need this in North America Also thank you so much.

1 Like

Google “how to protect from DDoS”? It has nothing to do with your server location, all about the know-how.

1 Like

While that link is nifty for explaining stuff, it’s relatively useless to the end user leasing a VPS. For most FiveM users, it’s going to be based mostly on who their host is and what that host implements to mitigate attacks. Cheap hosts often have absolutely no mitigation tools at their disposal while some of the pricier offerings have great protections. When moving from a couple hosts that couldn’t protect against attacks to OVH, our attacks were completely absorbed and didn’t result in any down time. NFO has protections in place as well but they’ll bring you offline more often as they can’t handle a really big attack.

I don’t know of any quality hosts in Asia that have protections in place but that’s what the OP is looking for here, not so much how to maintain a strong network architecture.

1 Like

There are a few solutions such as Lectron that act as an anycast reverse proxy that sits in front of your FiveM server.

You don’t need a specializes in has DDoS protection, just that you need a DDoS protected reverse proxy and setup the config correctly.

Another way to do so is you can setup a machine as a reverse proxy yourself

this is a great topic for this guy to help you: @Cribgames12 he is expert in ddos mitigation