Database connection failed: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:3306 If you do not have a database installed, you can download and run XAMPP

Hey, so I have a few questions, i want to make a server for FiveM so me and my friend can play together with mods. is it safe to install XAMPP and run it on my main pc? I also want to know if there is a way to get around this?

Hello bigtimer144,

xampp is a dev environment, it’s not recommended to use it for production. So in your case to just play with your friends hosted on your own pc, it is fully enough. I don’t understand what you meant, which safe? xampp is not a virus or something else, so the workaround to not use xampp is to install the database manually, but this requires more skills than the “One-Click Solution” like xampp.

This is the issue they are talking about.
When setting up a local server for testing purposes I have come across the same issue.
I’d like not to install XAMPP as well, so how do I go about getting a data base.
I’m wanting to use qb-core.

Hey!
Xampp is not a virus.
It’s a Dev environment, but since you are going to play with your firends, Why not?

Download Xampp and do the install as shown in txAdmin.

This error just said that the connection to the database failed (default port is 3306). So the question is why you won’t use Xampp for testing purposes? But to answer your question… you can install a database in several ways:

• Install the Instance from the official mariadb website
  • Through Docker (there are official images of mariadb and optional phpmyadmin)

but how I said in a message above, xampp is the easiest way especially for beginners :slight_smile: