Custom Trailers won't hook up to pickup trucks? Help?

I installed a couple custom trailers to my server. But when you go to hook up a pickup to it, it won’t connect. Your camera view changes like it is going to hook, but never connects. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you

You need to go into the meta files of the pickup trucks and add that trailer to the towable vehicles.

So my head developer said he tried that, what could we possibly have done wrong or what could we try different?

May i see the trailer?

I’m not able to get to my computer atm, should I send you the trailer mod links, or wait till I get on my computer and send you the images?

Yes send me the links

wait are you trying to put a car on top of it and it wont connnect?

No, I’m trying to get a truck to connect to pull the trailer

Can i see the vehicles and handling meta for the trucks you are trying to attatch the trailer too

vehiclemetasnippet.meta (6.5 KB)
This is part of one of the truck’s metas

Sooooooo what did we do wrong?

I use two of the same trailers and a different one. I’ve noticed that even with me changing the meta files it makes no difference. They won’t connect on mine either.

anyone figure it out?

i know this is a year ago but it is still open. i am working on this as well and i am having not luck with it any help will be nice thank you

I too have noticed this.
I have a Denali that tows any trailer I specify in the section of the meta file, but I have a 1978 Ford F-150 that no matter what I put in the Meta file, it still won’t tow. I’ve even gone so far as copying the Denali vehicle meta file into the F150 resource folder, and still nothing… There has to be more to this than just the section.

Anyone else having this issue, please feel free to jump in here if you have solved it. Kind of defeats the purpose to have a truck with a hitch and not be able to use it on an RP server…

@orion13622 have you figured it out? I’m also having trouble

To Fix Trailers Connecting to vehicles Read the file below.

vehicles.meta (1.1 KB)

‘THIS MAY NOT WORK FOR ALL VEHICLES’

this did not work for me