Custom Server Side Pause Menu Map

Hi! Is there a way to properly stream a server side map without any client side modification? I read a lot of about it but I didn’t find a solution. I can stream the map but the zoom doesn’t working. I saw it on many servers without any client modification for example mapzoomdata.meta, because I read about it can’t be streamed.

So what I need to do to be able to use this resource? [Release] Colored Map (full resource)

Thanks for any help!

Put these files along with your custom map files in a stream folder.
minimap.rar (3.9 KB)

The zoom is good now but my minimap is now looks like this :confused:
asd

But I think I found another solution. If you create a client side script with this code, the zoom will be good:

Citizen.CreateThread(function()
    SetMapZoomDataLevel(0, 0.96, 0.9, 0.08, 0.0, 0.0)
    SetMapZoomDataLevel(1, 1.6, 0.9, 0.08, 0.0, 0.0)
    SetMapZoomDataLevel(2, 8.6, 0.9, 0.08, 0.0, 0.0)
    SetMapZoomDataLevel(3, 12.3, 0.9, 0.08, 0.0, 0.0)
    SetMapZoomDataLevel(4, 22.3, 0.9, 0.08, 0.0, 0.0)
end)

This have one disadvantage that the minimap remains default.

are you streaming the minimap_X_Y.ytd and minimap_X_Y_sea.ytd files? Everything works for me so you’re missing something or doing something wrong.

My folder’s content:

I don’t have graphics.ytd and I think you have different or higher resolution resource.

Maybe if you could send your files I can try it with that. But I understand if you don’t want it.

I did this a few months ago so I don’t really remember everything, but this is how my minimap_0_0.ytd & minimap_0_0_sea.ytd look like they’re basically the same high resolution map, each file with both the normal and the _sea texture in it. I remember reading somewhere that small size ytd files don’t stream or something? Anyway, I did the same for all other map textures.

I just tested a custom map and this works for the pause menu and the minimap as well, so you’re probably doing something wrong as I said before…
test_minimap.rar (97.6 MB)

Same with this resource. The zoom is good but the radar is just green.

In that resource what I linked in my first post there is only one dds file in every ytd, and same in the test_minimap resource, so I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.

Try putting this code in a client.lua:

Citizen.CreateThread(function()
    SetMapZoomDataLevel(0, 0.96, 0.9, 0.08, 0.0, 0.0)
    SetMapZoomDataLevel(1, 1.6, 0.9, 0.08, 0.0, 0.0)
    SetMapZoomDataLevel(2, 8.6, 0.9, 0.08, 0.0, 0.0)
    SetMapZoomDataLevel(3, 12.3, 0.9, 0.08, 0.0, 0.0)
    SetMapZoomDataLevel(4, 22.3, 0.9, 0.08, 0.0, 0.0)

SetRadarZoom(1000)
end)

Beautiful now, thank you so much! :grinning:
asd
But beyond your solution, I even had to increase the map resolution because 512x512 wasn’t enough.

Yes, I recommend using the _sea version for the minimap as well.

Yeah, you are right, I forgot that.

how does this solution?

how much for you to make a mini map ?