Custom "quit" reason

Hello,
A lot of players “abuse” the quit command in our server. If you open F8 and type only “quit” command, server owner sees “Exiting” reason of player quit in the playerDropped event. If his game crashes, we can see > “Crash XXXX” reason. But if the player executes
quit “Crash XXXX” (and types the exact crash name)
it is impossible for the server owner to recognize whether player’s game crashed or he left the game on his own and only wanted the server owner to think his game crashed.
Is there any way for server owners to see “the real” disconnect reason?

The client always tells the server the disconnect reason there’s no way to get around this

I think what he meant here is that if a player types quit, he writes (Exiting) as an example exit reason, but if he types quit “Server->client connection timed out. Last seen 35984 msec ago.”
Then in logs it looks as if the player exited because of a timeout.

However, this is then more of a platform suggestion and should separate the player message and the system message from each other if at all possible:
Player (Exiting) if there is a player reason Player (Exiting) (reason)
, because if I’ve seen the source correctly, the system and the command call the same function (maybe not then, sorry).

Or is there some way other than checking the reason value of the playerDropped event for the reason for the disconnection?

Yes, that’s what I meant. If server owners ment:

• Player dropped : drop reason : player reason (if any)

If you’re using something like pixel-anticl, you can set up Discord webhooks that will show you the exact reason for leaving/exiting if your staff/mods can’t view server info like AvarianKnight mentioned.

If your staff/mods can’t/don’t know/ are not sure how to check what AvarianKnight mentioned, your best bet is to look at the formatting. Some spacing is usually missing when people “fake” quit messages.

Not the answer you want, but intuition/recognizing patterns if your staff isn’t allowed to check logs/disconnect reasons is usually the best way to combat this. When this was a problem on a previous server, I’d hand out lengthy bans as punishment when discovered, which largely stopped the problem.

I actually don’t look at my staffs, the problem I have is from playerDropped message, when there is no way to recognize it on the event, we can not recognize it on (Discord/Loki) logs