Custom In-game Font

Hello , i wonder if someone already try to import custom font in the game by using gfx file ?
(and please don’t tell me , i can use NUI or anything like that ), i just want to import the gfx file and register my font with the native and use it directly.

but i don’t found an easy way to convert a font into a gfx file.

FiveM update - May 5th/6th, 2017 it’s in here

1 Like

thanks you man !! you rock !

i tried it and it look to work, cause i get a valid font id , i just put it on text in-game but all my Char a replace by a little rectangle , like he didn’t find the Char, maybe some font doesn’t like to be convert or we have to take care about what kind of font using , i dunno.

everything seem to be good , have no error , i have the font id , but when i use it , it draw only rectangle instead of the letter.

Anyone know what i’m doing bad ?

Did you make sure the font name matches what you put in swfmill, and used gfxexport to convert the .swf to .gfx?

first convert i did , i change the name and use gfxexport , now with your advice i convert it in swf with the same font name and convert it with gfxexport and it work perfectly , thanks !

Can somebody help me with that? I’m using right names in xml, swfmill and gfxexport and I still have rectangles :frowning:

Edit: I figured it out. If your font ID has space in the name, You have to go to: glyphrstudio.com, load your otf/ttf and edit font settings, so You can remove a space in font name. If You downloaded font with name Super-DuperFont-Bold.otf, You have to type exactly that name to in.xml

1 Like

hi can someone help I don’t know how to do the first step to convert ttf to swf can you please help me