Cursor Invisible After Opening F8 console

1. Client (production/canary) and FXServer version: Production/Canary and Latest Recommended (4394)
  2. What you expected to happen: Opening F8 does not cause the mouse cursor to be invisible when opening a NUI afterwards
  3. What actually happens: When opening the F8 console and closing it, and opening a NUI, the cursor is not visible on the screen.
    If the cursor is changed via something like a button or number input (changes cursor to pointer) the cursor is fixed
  4. Category of bug (eg. client, server, weapons, peds, native) Client/NUI
  5. Reproducible steps, preferably with example script(s)
  • Make some/a resource(s) with a NUI, which can be as simple as just a colored box
  • Open and then close the F8 console
  • Open the NUI and the cursor will be gone
  • You can make an input/button that changes the cursor type and will fix the issue

I have not been able to find a reliable way via a script to solve the issue.

EDIT: Updated cause of the issue to F8 console.

1 Like

Any repro? This was tested to work fine w/ the runcode resourceā€™s runcode command.

Here is a video and one of the resources that were used. (Both have the issue on their own as well as it doesnā€™t happen 100% of the time.)
nuitest.zip (800 Bytes)

1 Like

getting this as well

Any (possibly relevant) info:

• Screen Type: Full Screen, tested on Full Screen (exclusive) with same result as well
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660
fxmanifest.lua:
fx_version 'cerulean'

game 'gta5'

server_scripts {
	'@mysql-async/lib/MySQL.lua',
	'@utilities/lib/sh_utils.lua',
	'global.def.lua',
	'config.lua',
	'server/classes/*.lua',
	'server/main.lua'
}

client_scripts {
	'@utilities/lib/sh_utils.lua',
	'global.def.lua',
	'config.lua',
	'client/classes/*.lua',
	'client/main.lua'
}

ui_page 'public/index.html'

files {
	'public/img/*',
	'public/css/style.css',
	'public/dist/bundle.js',
	'public/index.html',
}

lua54 'yes'

server_export 'getBankCtl'
client code snippet for opening the interface

---Bank window status
---@param status boolean
---@return boolean
self.bankWindowOpened = function(status)
    if (self.windowOpenStatus or IsNuiFocused()) and status == true then
        return false
    end
    if status == true then
        self.currentOpenedWindow = WindowTypes.BRANCH
        self.windowOpenStatus = true
        SetNuiFocus(true, true)
        SendNUIMessage({
            action = Actions.OPEN,
            window = WindowTypes.BRANCH,
        })
    elseif status == false then
        self.currentOpenedWindow = false
        self.windowOpenStatus = false
        SetNuiFocus(false, false)
        SendNUIMessage({
            action = Actions.CLOSE,
            window = WindowTypes.BRANCH,
        })
    end
    return true
end

Maybe itā€™s dependant on hardware or operating system? Friend with a Radeon RX 5500 XT doesnā€™t get this bug. Windows 10 20H2 19042.1288

Me and a buddy have had the problem recently as well. I downloaded a fresh server (version 4800) and started this simple example resource on it: https://github.com/Sharpadogge/fivem-cursor-sample/tree/master/test-resource

The result: My cursor is first there, and after opening and closing the F8 console, it is no longer visible (the hover effects are still visible).

Video: https://streamable.com/234y90

Only when the cursor changes its appearance (when I hover over the title of the box at the end of the video), then the cursor becomes visible again.

Screen Type: Full Screen
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1080

4 Likes

could this be perhaps related to windows version or nvidia gpu?

Did you test this on Radeon or Win10 pre-21H1 ??

1 Like

bump. this is still pretty much an issue.

ā€˜bumpā€™ does not a repro make.

Iā€™m consistently experiencing this all the time with the code snippets/resources above. What else is required? Since youā€™re not getting this on your end Iā€™m guessing this is related to Windows version or maybe graphics drivers? Another thing to point out is that I am using a dual monitor setup.

Do you have a custom windows cursor?
nvm does not change anything

I donā€™t think so.

Mouse Properties

I have the same proplem with Win11, i dont think its OS related.

I have the same issue too, the repro steps provided by @Sharpadogge are complete. If bubble cannot reproduce it is because something else is interfering.

1 Like

2 people who have the issue are people with Logitech mouses. What brand / software do you guys have?

Nevermind, this appears to be affecting steelseries mouse as well.

I think it may be unrelated to mouse brand, all of them presumably use the HID interface. I myself switch between different mouses sometimes, and it did not make a difference with the reproduction.

Well. Lets see. Could this be related to SteamInput maybe? Does this make a difference with Steam running or not? What about GPU vendor? Iā€™m running Nvidia myself. Maybe he runs Radeon and this could be the reason for not being able to reproduce.

I have an Nvidia GPU (RTX 2070 super) and I experience this exact same thing if that helps

invisible cursor drive me nuts! to use Qtarget 3rd eye with ā€œhoverā€ only and guessing where the cursor isā€¦ i never found the source but it will be the ā€œpre-cursorā€ of my insanity!