"Currently you have to run Rockstar Games Launcher, Steam [...]" error despite steam running

RDR2 version? latest
Up to date?
Legit or Pirate copy? legit
Steam/Epic Games/Social Club? Steam
Windows version? Windows 10
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? doesn’t exist

What did you do to get this issue? started the launcher

Latest CitizenFX_log file CitizenFX_log_2023-01-13T212303.log (854 Bytes)

If an issue with starting:
RDR2 folder screenshot

RDR2/x64/dlcpacks screenshot

Filepath to RedM folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\RedM

Starting RedM while the game is loading up gives a “Could not read data from rockstar launcher” error. Starting RedM while the game is running gives a “Rockstar Launcher is running in Admin” error

Note: Launching Rockstar Launcher independently gets me past this (although i am currently struggling with ROS issues) but the message says that it’s supposed to work with just steam loaded up

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Hey, I just managed to resolve my own issue similar to this. I basically couldn’t run RedM without using the Rockstar Launcher, even despite having Steam running. On top of that, I was then met with the Infinite Loading Screen issue and basically couldn’t play on any server at all.

I managed to fix this by making sure that I wasn’t running Steam as an administrator. Initially I didn’t think that I was, but after looking into the properties of the desktop shortcut I normally use to open Steam, I could see that it was set to ‘Run as Administrator’. After unchecking the box, I was able to run RedM without the need for the Rockstar Launcher at all and was able to load into any server I wanted.

As a precaution, I also added the RedM Launcher to Steam and created a new desktop shortcut that I now use instead of the standard one created whenever you first install it.

I know RedM doesn’t like to be run as admin, and I didn’t think it would extend to Steam as well, but it clearly does. Hopefully this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.