Create REAL custom map from scratch, not edit or add-on

Hi, First time posting here.

I’m interested in making a custom map from scratch.
Everything I found on the internet related to this topic is editing an existing map, adding models or elements.

My question is → Is it possible to create a map from scratch
(like terrain, floor, building, environments, etc) (and how). Not just editing, but new map from blank world or with template?,
and hopefully host it in Five M GTA5 server.

I have some knowledge in 3D Modelling, Programming, but I don’t know where to start.

Thanks.

PS. Sorry if my English is not very clear, since it is not my native language.
PS2. If it is not possible, is there any ways or hacks to kind of make this possible? like hiding old map, making new map far away, etc. I don’t know what is the best solution. thanks.

of course it’s possible to model such a map using 3DS Max (with GIMS EVO plugin), but imagine the time it would take to model the map and collisions, texture the whole map, assuming you’re thinking of making a somewhat big map, plus the headache trying to remove the original GTA 5 map is not worth it, tried it myself for so long with no good results.

1 Like

Sorry for late reply, didn’t see the notification.

Thank you for the answer,
I see, that it is possible with 3DS and the plugins.

Is there any reference or links i can go and do research on how to? like where to start (get the map and load it to 3DS), like importing, exporting and how to use the edited map in fivem server.

even it hard I still think it cool to learn.

Thanks.