Up to date?
Yes.

Legit or Pirate copy?
Legit

Steam/CD/Social Club?
Steam

Windows version?
Windows 10 x64 PRO

Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again?
Yes.

Error screenshot (if any)

System specifications
CPU: Intel i7-4770K 3.50GHz
GPU: NVidia GTX1060 6GB
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1666mhz
MoBo: GIGABYTE B85-HD3

What did you do to get this issue?
Executed “ensure” command while editing the “handling.meta” file of a vehicle, which was part of a pack containing more vehicles. (The vehicle was not spawned, i always remove the vehicle before i execute that command.)

What server did you get this issue on?
Local hosted vanilla server

CitizenFX crash zip file
CfxCrashDump_2020_12_01_12_32_10.zip (1.7 MB)

If an issue with starting:
Filepath to FiveM folder
C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\FiveM

Which antivirus/firewall software are you using?
Windows 10 integraded one.

Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?
No

Basically, what happened was that while everything was working fine, i used “ensure” and waited for the pack to load 100% so my changes would apply, i spawned the vehicle. Everything was fine, no lag, no stutter in my FPS or anything that would give me a hint that something’s not working as intented. Seconds after i executed the “ensure” command, and spawned my vehicle to test it, while driving around, my game froze and crashed.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

AFAIK, you should be using start to start a resource at runtime and stop to stop it as needed. I dont recall what ensure does when ran like that, but probably not something very nice lol

It’s not neccessary to use “start” and “stop” because the resource is already started when the server starts. (inside the “server.cfg” file.)

“ensure” basically stops and starts the resource called.
At least that’s what the wiki says: https://docs.fivem.net/docs/server-manual/server-commands/

ensure [resourceName]

Restarts the resource specified in the argument, if it was started. If it wasn’t, starts the resource specified in the argument.

As with start and stop, one can also specify a category name.

Example:

ensure my-testing-resource

bump

Anyone knows why this happens?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.