Crash, Crash, Punch

Why are the new linux servers crashing?

1317 Crashes, 1323 Crashes, 1328 Crashes

There is no log so I cant tell you anything.

Why were crashing servers forced upon us?

FiveM’s pride, the server’s are solid… **were

GTA V version? 1.46
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Social Club
Windows version? 8.1 Pro (7 Fast, 10 Secure through 2023)
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes
Error screenshot (if any) None
System specifications Intel i7-4790/MSI z97 14GB/GTX 760 2GB/Drivers Up to date Intel i3-3225/Intel HD61CR 8GB/GTX 560 1GB/Drivers Up to date
What did you do to get this issue? Played FiveM
What server did you get this issue on? None/My Favorite
CitizenFX.log file None
.dmp files/report IDs None

Yea 1332… now featuring stability?

1332 linux just crashed with 20+ players on it.

it now has 2 players…

So why exactly was this downgrade forced upon us? 1244 was so wonderfully stable and FiveM grew huge because of it.

And again 3 hours later killing the faith of another 15 FiveM users.

Why has this new unstable server been forced upon us? What is its purpose? Can you roll it back to 1244 until you resolve these issues?

3 more hours, and 18 more players lose their lives…

Can you please provide some real info? Resources, ip:port etc ? What does the crash say ?

It is a FiveM linux server crash, there is no info due to the server’s design. If this were an MTA server crash I would be able to upload 3 different logs and a dump file, which CCW “The Godfather” of MTA would be reviewing the same day… FiveM has no server record, and apparently not a single concerned element.

This server has never crashed in several years time. It operates 24.7 and is unchanged for more than six months. And now crashes hourly since the forced 1317 upgrade.

A clearly defective upgrade. Which is why not one element has responded. They have plans for this upgrade, it is not going well, their plans are more important than our stability or all the success that stability has brought to FiveM after so many painful years. Or there is some critical security issue preventing us from being able to go back to a stable build. That bridge was burnt, and no one seems concerned with this sub jc3mp level of server stability (mod_ded) which is affecting all of my competition as well. Everyone is crashing. And that is the death of mps: iv:mp, gta:mp, co-op, jc3mp, fivemp, ■■■■■■, ■■■■■, and on down the line. Instability kills mps despite the best intentions of hard working developers.

The server 1332 crashes every 3 hours when busy, sometimes longer when empty. There is no discernible cause to the crash. So did 1317, 1323, and 1328. However, running the same server package and config, on the same always stable VPS and OS Debian 9, I never once crashed on 1244, 1141, 1056, 1046, 961 and so on… Perhaps you have more specific questions I can answer? Frankly this is a new occurrence and I have zero information on it, except a life long familiarity with the solution…

Rollback to an old stable build now!! Which we can’t do in this case, because pre-1317 no longer works. FiveM created this problem, then made it unavoidable, and won’t say anything about it. That is 3 things. It only took 2 things to sink the Titanic.

Everyone creates lousy code they had tremendous hope for at some point in their life. And it won’t be the code that kills you, it’ll be the hope for it. Hope for basic advancement, and solving problems is what killed iv:mp, gta:mp, co-op, fivemp, jc3mp, ■■■■■■, ■■■■■, Sometimes you just have to be happy with what works perfectly. Despite your dreams for more.

1317 works perfectly fine, anything below 1313 is subject to have exploits… hence the multiple PSAs.

WHAT?

No downgrade was even enforced, if you had read any of the PSAs, you’d know that they said to upgrade to pipeline ID 1313 or higher, not even mentioning any downgrading, so I have no idea where you got this from.

The reasoning behind the enforcement of the upgrade was because of exploits which had been amended on both Windows and Linux builds.

THIS!

Simply stating ‘my server crashes, why?’ is not helpful at all. You’re doing something everybody hates. Complaining about crashing when there is no relevant information or reproductive steps, no crash dumps, no statistics of the server when it crashed.

This isn’t even an addressable point.

Similarly, here, there isn’t a ‘huge team’ of developers. So responsibilty of tasks is down to a small group.

When there are issues and tasks at FiveM (i.e. OneSync) and other server related crashes taking place at the same time, one obviously being able to be worked on and one not – these crashes are likely down to your server resources and nothing with core, since there have been many reports about upgrading from <1313 to >1313 and them not experiencing crashes anymore. If they did experience a crash even after upgrading, it was down to a specific resource(s) the server was running – and then they were reported to Discord and the crash could be reproduced.

Additionally, PRs were created (and merged?) to the resources that induced crashes. So, again, liability is down to server owners to either a) remove the resources causing the crashes or b) find a correlation between the resources and produce a reproductive resource which could then result in a PR being made to core and fix it for any resource that may induce crashing.

Since this topic has lacked any actual information, support hasn’t been provided and it’s resulted in any other topic that lacks useful information.

You going away from the actual issue and comparing the mod to other mods, doesn’t help and just proves there isn’t any real point you being here if you are going to continue with this attitude.

Not defective at all, as aforementioned, there was an exploit which meant servers could be crashed very easily – don’t ask for technicalities from me (i dont know them :stuck_out_tongue: )

Then provide dumps and useful information! Give updates on when it crashes, work with developers in helping find the cause of these crashes.

Why do they have to respond to something that (the majority of the time) is induced by end users and the resources uploaded in places where elements have no control.

… and this mentality of ‘roll back instead of fix the bugs’ is annoying. There is reasoning behind every commit/change pushed to core. If an issue or crash happens after an update, report it! Otherwise, it won’t be fixed and it won’t be found out unless it is by the person who actually pushed the change (in a different environment).

You’re saying that an updated pushed to core that fixes a crutial exploit with both Linux and Windows servers doesn’t fall under your branch of ‘stability’? They should just revert this change and allow the servers to be crashed without any reasoning or viable prevention, strange. Throughout this topic you’ve been very contradictory of yourself.

No, that’s completely and utterly false. Even from my time writing this post and other community members responding, people have reported that they have been running Linux perfectly fine with no crashing or issues. Likewise for Windows servers. Which, if I were you, would be ringing some alarm bells.

… I don’t know how many times I am going to have to repeat this throughout this topic – provide information about this ‘problem’ then! We’re not going to read your mind.

2 Likes

1317 is stable. Must be something on your end.

This is on a server with 32 players and 129 people in queue.

1 Like

My server was perfectly stable for two years. I made no changes for over six months. It never crashed one time. FiveM makes erratic, sudden, irreversible changes, with serious critical problems for a user, to avoid exploitation of FiveM at all costs, by banning all previous servers to date. And you want this to be my fault?

Remove the no previous servers allowed ban. And this would seem less like FiveM’s doing.

I am clearly suffering a problem with your new build that is systemic across every version since the new build, and you are not, yet you have created this error for me. And exploits are not universal, they effect some horribly and others not at all. I will take my chances with the exploits. They can’t possibly be as horrible as 100s of users being crashed every few hours.

Thank you for the information

And at no point that I noticed have you told me how to provide crash information for a server that keeps no logs, and creates no dump files? Where is this information. How do I access it?

Until you tell me where the information you need is to come from. Or ask me specific questions. This is everything I can think of you might need to know. Every crashes and logs from two clients on this server through several server builds, through several crashes. And a photo of the VPS’s usage stats to show a pretty normal week otherwise. Though I don’t know how client side information helps with a server crash.

1317-1332 Crashes and Logs.7z (4.1 MB)

…downgrade to 1317. Wish me luck!

Well first off, all the crash dumps are from clients which tells me you’re complaining about client crashes, not server. This means the version literally has nothing to do with what’s going on.

As for the provided dumps, there’s far too many to look at them all but most of the ones I picked mentioned some type of graphics-related crash (namely, nvwgf2umx.dll which is an nvidia driver). Update your graphics driver and turn off any overclocking you might be doing then try again.

For what it’s worth, @bndzorro asked you for a few specific things you have yet to provide…

1 Like

You have not read anything said. This is not about client. This is about server. And everyone is insisting i provide server logs and crash dumps, but there are none. FiveM doesnt record these things.

Resources are all custom, none have been changed since January 16, 2019. Which was only a minor upgrade. mostly the package is unchanged for two years.

45.58.32.76:what ever default ports are…

the crash says in client: “You have been disconnected, trying to reconnect” or whatever that exact message in red letters is, to all users, as the server crashes and restarts. A new pid results as the server starts, and that is all the information it displays.

You guys speak of server crashes as though they are well documented and I am failing to upload the logs and crashes… there are none. If there are, where are they located?

Thank you, I did over look that.

Downgrade to 1317 Crashed 8 hours later, 2 hours after it got busy.
Upgraded to 1337… Fingers crossed.

You can’t image how fatal these crashes are to a small community. We don’t all have 129 people in queue. :frowning:

What exactly happens when the crash occurs? What displays on the server console when it happens?

There are very few reasons it crashes on Linux in general so it’s interesting you’re having such trouble with it. Unfortunately due to how FiveM runs in linux there are no crash dumps or things like procdump like the windows version.

Even if it’s literally a SIGSEV in your console, post it.

1 Like

The red auto reconnect message comes up. All players disconnects. 10% rejoin.

The server is started at VPS boot, the ocnsole is down, i do not know how to start at boot from script in a window. I will try to run it with console up and in a window. I cannot see the console in this manner, and do not know what it says.

This is now a serious short coming for FiveM. The uncrashable server now crashes readily. A server log system should be produced. A server dump system should be produced. The reasons they cannot should be overcome by whatever means possible, even unconventional means like a secondary watcher process should be considered.

I will do that as soon as I can.

Thank you for your productive answer, in a sea of accusations. You clearly read everything about this issue and are well-informed.

Linux Server 1337 Crashed at least 1 time last night. It had a definite uptime of over 4 hours and under 12 hours, quite similar to the three post-1317 previous versions. On to 1338, in a window this time…

It took three crashes on 1338, but i finally logged it. Below is the PuTTY log from the last regular join to the First resource load of the new restarted server. The server auto restarts after a crash, with a script. Everything above and below this point looks quite normal.

Sending heartbeat to live-internal.fivem.net:30110
Connecting: D a n i e l Key-Drop.pl
Sending heartbeat to live-internal.fivem.net:30110
server thread hitch warning: timer interval of 274 milliseconds
network thread hitch warning: timer interval of 174 milliseconds
network thread hitch warning: timer interval of 157 milliseconds
server thread hitch warning: timer interval of 151 milliseconds
network thread hitch warning: timer interval of 325 milliseconds
network thread hitch warning: timer interval of 152 milliseconds
network thread hitch warning: timer interval of 152 milliseconds
network thread hitch warning: timer interval of 280 milliseconds
network thread hitch warning: timer interval of 189 milliseconds
server thread hitch warning: timer interval of 152 milliseconds
server thread hitch warning: timer interval of 573 milliseconds
/home/_fivem/fx-server-data/Server-Starter-fivem.sh: line 1:  2991 Killed                  /home/_fivem/fx-server/run.sh +exec server.cfg +set con_disableNonTTYReads 1
FiveM server has stopped.
restarting FiveM server in 5 seconds
Starting 5M Server
Creating script environments for _cfx_internal
Found new resource...

This is the above mentioned Server-Starter-fivem.sh:

So this is telling me some external process is killing your server. I was expecting a stack dump at the very least - this is pointing at something else.

Check syslog and dmesg for anything interesting. It could be any number of things, like cron killing off your server, the server itself running out of resources, etc.

A script which works faultlessly on all the above listed mps for 5 years. One that has worked well on FiveM for several years, until 1141 when it was upgraded by a FiveM element. No harm in trying FiveM without it… thanks for your help.

So is this fixed?

I will upgrade the server to 1347 any minute now, and try a normal start without the script, and see over the next 48 hours if it continues to crash.

UPDATE: 1347 is running via the common method:

bash /home/_fivem/fx-server/run.sh +exec server.cfg

1 Like