Could not load dependent module GFSDK_ShadowLib.win64.dll

Hi there,

I recently reinstalled Grand Theft Auto V and FiveReborn because I had to restore my computer. Before, everything was working perfectly, but now I’m getting an error titled under “CitizenFX Fatal Error” with the description of “Could not load dependent module GFSDK_ShadowLib.win64.dll. Error code was 126.” And I am stumped, to say the least. I have tried installing both vcredist_x86, vcredist_x64, and Visual Basic 2015 but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Is it missing from your GTA V folder?

No, I just checked and that file is in my GTAV folder.

Probably corrupt then, delete it and verify game files through steam.

1 Like

I’m having the same error, I deleted the GFSDK_ShadowLib.win64.dll from the GTA 5 steam folder, and then I verified to files, and I am still receiving the error.

I just also got the error. It’s probably the update.

i have it to its definitily the update

oh sweet I thought it was just me xD

1 Like

already verified the files through steam since i have a very fast ssd i can do that very fast

1 Like

Same i have crashed from the server and i made an update after it i coudnt join the game getting this error now !

2 Likes

its your guys fault everyone’s having the same issue so magically yall update and magically our games stop working hmm?

2 Likes

Getting the same issue here. Reinstalling FiveM but from what I understand from a friend of mine, it won’t make a difference…

1 Like

Please keep us up to date about your reinstallation, Noah_H

Guys,I had the same problem and i kinda fixed it,i copied the missing files from the GTA V folder and pasted them onto the Fivem folder. Now although it lets mt join in and play on servers. It wont let me join servers that require steam even when i have steam opened.

No difference, finished installing and instantly gave the error -_-

not really a fix then, i just want it back to normal

Follow This Tipes :

Copy From your “GTA V floder” and past them on “FiveReborn” Floder

• GFSDK_TXAA_AlphaResolve.win64

• GFSDK_ShadowLib.win64.dll

• bink2w64

i Love you too guys

1 Like

I can confirm it’s the latest update that has broken FiveM.

Unfortunately this workaround does NOT work. You get a steam not running issue even when it is

This offers a fix for now, can confirm. Not sure what exactly Moped meant about servers requiring Steam but I launch FiveM and I can connect into my community’s server. Also, for anyone using ELS - you may want to paste the AdvancedHook and dinput files into your FiveM directory as well.

+1 to Moped!

I play on an RP server (SoE) and they have it where you ahve to have steam version of GTA V to stop potential pirated games from connecting.