Console spamming: VRAM budget change: patching game to use

1. Client Version is on Release
    Last received an update on the 6th of November at 3PM AEST
    Last used on the 5th of November at 11PM AEST prior to issue happening.

FXServer version: 3071

1. What you expected to happen
    The console should not be flooding the debug console with thousands of messages regarding VRAM budget change.

2. What actually happens
    Over the duration of three sessions, today from 3:00 PM AEST to 6:30 PM AEST the console reported 143,171 times this log was triggered.

3. Category of bug: Client: Console

4. Reproduceable steps, preferably with example script(s)
    No scripts necessary, to reproduce bug.
    Console “developer 0”

The first session was run with most if not all settings set to high to very high.
Connected to a multiplayer server.
Roam the city for about 5-10 minutes, at some random point in that time the console begins to be flooded with these messages.

The second session was run with the settings set to all as low as possible (Theory being if this is a VRAM issue having everything on low should mitigate reaching the VRAM limit).
Connect to a multiplayer server.
Roam the city for about 5-10 minutes, at some random point in that time the console begins to be flooded with these messages.

The third session was run with the settings set to all as low as possible.
Connect to a multiplayer server.

During the third session, I also disconnected from the server and then a single-player session in FiveM which after the tutorial in North Yankton the console then began being flooded with these messages.

The system specs if this is a hardware issue are as the following:
CPU: i9-9900KF
Memory: 32GB
GPU: Nvidia GTX 980 4GB

FiveM client logs included. (Personal Username snipped)

CitizenFX_log_2020-11-06T034229.log (13.0 MB) CitizenFX_log_2020-11-06T043811.log (7.5 MB) CitizenFX_log_2020-11-06T071028.log (1.7 MB)

Can reproduce.

Same problem.

1 Like

How can i solve this problem? This is using a lot of my CPU.

1 Like

Users on server are also having this VRAM budget change. But it tends to crash your gang for out of memory error.
Attached is my latest crash dump.
specs:
i9 9900K
32GB ram

CfxCrashDump_2020_11_08_09_48_33.zip (2.2 MB)

1 Like

Still, the same Repo as before, running the game for 5 to 10 minutes will spam the console with massive logs of “VRAM Budgeting/ VRAM budget change: patching game to use”.

Few extra settings that may or may not contribute, I am running the game in windowed mode at 1600x900.

This is while running in developer mode 1, I need this mode on to debug which objects are under the control of which player client, to ensure the request to control is working while developing features.

Log attached. CitizenFX_log_2020-11-09T110624.log (997.5 KB)

Ran a few more scenarios,
Tried Fullscreen DirectX10 with the same repo steps, the same result.
Tried Fullscreen DirectX10.1 with the same repo steps, the same result.
Tried Fullscreen DirectX11 with the same repo steps, the same result.

Tried Windowed DirectX10 with the same repo steps, the same result.
Tried Windowed DirectX10.1 with the same repo steps, the same result.
Tried Windowed DirectX11 with the same repo steps, the same result.

Tried Borderless Windowed DirectX10 with the same repo steps, the same result.
Tried Borderless Windowed DirectX10.1 with the same repo steps, the same result.
Tried Borderless Windowed DirectX11 with the same repo steps, the same result.

These were running with the following graphics options.

No longer currently an issue as it has been disabled.