Community Pulse - November 2023

Agreed, this is not limited to german servers.

So many severs still going against TOS compliance and yet they’re still active, i know alot of servers that have been reported and nothing has been done?

2 Likes

that crazy taking out peds messes up the people RP thats crazy

1 Like

Crazy that removing CHILD peds removed roleplay…

1 Like

I was crazy once

81c8b9b479ce1f7d923dcfeb4045f5af739b86e1_2_690x387

1 Like

When will CFX begin to enforce the new policies regarding IP / Copyright infringement?

6 Likes

Another great monthly update! I’m glad some clarification was provided on the use of those peds, it was pretty disturbing personally seeing them being released on the forums and being used within 18+ establishments on servers owned by the QBCore owner. I’m not sure if the reports against him and others played any part in the decision but I’m glad action is finally being taken! On the topic of reports though is there any further updates on action being taken against servers violating IP mentioned in last months pulse? And what actions will be taken against them? But keep up the good work guys and I can’t wait to see what’s in store for next months update!

2 Likes

:red_car: when the
when the car

1 Like

“Non-adult character models”

" We removed all branded car badges from the real-world car models we use on our server – are we following the PLA restriction on third-party IP?"

ROCKSTAR MAKING NO SENSE :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

When will CFX begin to enforce the policy on IP / Copyright infringement of vehicle models?

2 Likes

What about LibertyM?

Nice!

You can’t do anything to that ped, nor play as it in the form it’s used as in rdr2. It wasn’t made for use in RedM which has its own rules separate to the official game as they are not the same. Just because you can access it from your rdr2 files in RedM doesn’t change anything either as those files are required for the regular game. As for the car rockstar would have received permission for any IP they use in their games, sorry pal but I don’t think car manufacturers are going to be responding to a FiveM server owner.

Would be cool if rockstar released a version of liberty city for FiveM as a paid asset that could be added to our keymaster when purchasing it from their website. Maybe they could do more things like that too and charge like $50 - $100 for them or maybe even include them in GTA+. I feel like GTA+ could have a lot of potential with the FiveM community in terms of people subscribing if there was exclusive FiveM / RedM benefits. I mean I guess this is all unrealistic considering they would need the time to do such a thing but maybe even something to allow the use of their IP by paying them :thinking:

1 Like

Consider the following:

• Everyone that is playing FiveM already needs to own GTA V.
  • Not everyone owns GTA IV.

So if you were to use the Liberty City map, that would essentially mean that you are providing something that you don’t have the rights to.

If this was like Gmod, where it depends on your installed titles, that would be great!
So e.g. you could only join a Liberty City map server if you also own GTA IV (and the associated files).

Yeah that’s why I was more speaking on obtaining permission to use rockstar IP by paying. LC was just an example I have no actual use for it myself. I don’t think owning the game should allow access though, i think something like DayZ would be cool where it’s a requirement that every player who wants to play would need to pay to use the content on FiveM. Again something like that would likely be unrealistic though and there’s already some pretty cool mods that help expand the GTA 5 map already by a substantial size with new areas we’ve never seen before.

I for one would LOVE to develop mods for LibertyM in the GTAIV engine! It would probably also lead to a huge influx of sales of the game, as many people have never played GTAIV on PC

Yea, an approach like Gmod for the “game file sharing” aspect would be great, as you already own all the content as a player anyways in that case.

The only downside would be that players can only play on servers where they own the respective game of course.

1 Like

LibertyM would be awesome to see return, unfortunately it’ll probably be awhile as I’m sure it’ll take some work to get everything back up and running if it returns at all due to the demand for FiveM. Would be much better to see that over LC servers in FiveM though, that game was pretty good and very underrated from the opinions I personally heard on it at the time I played it. Same people who hated the game now love it :joy:

1 Like

Absolutely! I think GTA IV has aged surprisingly well compared to any other AAA games from the time and I could definitely see people falling in love with it again. Especially with things like shaders to bring the graphics up to modern standards!