Collection of (small) improvements for FxDK

Due to hitting the topic limit, i’ve combined my posts into one.

Allowing resizing of the left-most panel
The left pane (showing the files) is a tad big for most of my folder structures. Resizing would be ideal, where I can still quickly access my files, without having 50% blank space sitting between my code and file browser essentially.

Rename dialogue very hard to read
The FxDK theme uses black text on black-ish background when renaming variables, functions, classes etc. This can be invoked by pressing F2 on such. This is how it currently looks:

Spurious syntax errors
Quite often I run into errors that should not exist. Main solution often here is to fully reboot the FxDK environment. It’s kind of annoying since it fully blocks deploying of the resource. Do note that I’m using C# for everything and might be a C# specific thing.

Example of one of these errors:

Obviously it should never use a 4 argument overload since we only pass in 3 arguments all the time. And somehow copying the line is totally fine for some reason.

Cursor not working in pause menu
The cursor doesn’t seem to work in the game view when opening the pause menu. Seems to be stuck in the position before opening the pause menu.

Also been having this issue. It also happens to me when using visual studio code. I usually press f1 → reload window but that option doesn’t exist here. It would be nice to see a ‘refresh intellisense’ button or something. Wouldn’t be a big deal if it didn’t prevent you from building the resource though

ctrl-shift-p, restart omnisharp

2 Likes