Client Addon Packages: the future

So this is what I get now in terms of “common\data” modifications via new format.

Does it work?
It might be loaded, since _manifest.ymf also prints that when streamed.

It doesn’t work no.

I’ve pretty much done everything possible that makes sense.

So I’ve been watching this thread a bit, and read through majority of it, but one thing is unclear; how exactly do we make use of this new method?

What I’ve guessed is 1 (or more?) of 3:

• Merged; meaning you throw your custom files inside the faux_dlc.rpf with the sculpture and adjust the content/setup2 files to add these files.
  • Combined; meaning you have your own dlc.rpf, not named dlc.rpf, inside the sculpture_revival.rpf, adjusting the assembly.xml to add this archive, then have your contents alongside content/setup2 files pointing to your content.
  • Seperated; meaning you have an archive of your own, with an assembly.xml, and an archive like the combined method.

I tried out the 3rd seperated method and it hasn’t seemed to work. Perhaps I’ve just setup the archive wrong, but I doubt it, and it isn’t anything too drastic, just to have a small noticeable change to a police vehicle.

Any input would be invaluable, thanks.

2 Likes

Just found this and been reading a little.
So what happens now?

I’m thinking of mods a user are using for example graphic mods to make the graphics more nice, more realistic, etc.

Me myself I’m a streamer and i kinda rely on a graphic mod when playing since i stream and want it to look nice.

Second
I’ve been using a map mod from DLK witch instead of a default black map when hitting ESC you can actually with DLK’s maps see street names when looking at the map witch i think is a must specially if RP’ing as a cop or EMS so a map mod is almost a must so we see street names.

How do we still use map mods, graphic mods and that stuff now???

I have currently made a discussion group for the people that have made attempts and or progress with making conversions to the new format. If you would like to share information that’s useful, please go ahead and post it in there.

We will use the information to hopefully brainstorm a solution or get closer to one. I will be posting updates on the situation there as well.

Please let me know if you require an invite.

1 Like

No access to that thread.

I’m sorry this is the dumbest “update” ever.

My game went from looking like this:

To this pile of:

Couldn’t care less about some people experiencing “problems” with servers.

4 Likes

I’m sorry this is the dumbest “update” ever.

I’m sorry, this is a good update.

Get the stuff signed and you have you stuff back in no time

So because you don’t experience problems other people should? :frowning:

No I couldn’t care less tbh.

1 Like

Yes, it was a good update. Just because you think it is a horrible update and that you were inconvenienced because of people crashing, doesn’t justify it as a bad update.

1 Like

Sure that’s your opinion. At least I’m not the one who’s going to have to sit for 10 hours a day approving add-ons lmao.

Any idea how to make that open?

I do not know.

Should be fine now

And some people couldn’t care less about you wanting to make your game look pretty while others are left dealing with issues.

Go talk to the people who made whatever graphics mod you were using and get them to convert it and get it signed.

1 Like

Oh yes just “convert it” simple isn’t it.

any idea on how long it would take to get an rpf signed ?

So far it’s been 3 days for me.