[CitizenMP] [Release] [EN] [Async] Garages V6 - 23/09/18

I am going to guess this thread is dead…

You will need to port this over to FXServer. The script seems outdated. Please refer to porting notes here.

Added a [CitizenMP] tag to indentify this resource is not meant for new servers.

I’m not understanding?

The resource it made for an old server which is no longer supported. You need to update the resource manually. Instructions are here: https://wiki.fivem.net/wiki/Running_FXServer#Porting_Notes

I have never done this before. I have tweaked some of the codes, but I have no idea how to make this work for Essentials… or let along FX server.

Your best bet is to either learn and do it yourself, or see if someone else can do it for you, or ask the author to make it FX compatible.

If someone were to make a YouTube video showing how to do this stuff, they would be so popular and would have so many subs. Everyone wants to learn this stuff, but we are so deprived on understanding. Not everyone has the patience to sit down and learn codes while we have to go out and work our actual jobs too. Maybe if I was 14 years old and with no job, I would be successful at taking the time to comprehend, but from my day in age, showing someone how to do something is easier, than giving them small clues.

The author of this post probably doesn’t even take the time to reply to people on here, I have posted a month ago, and got NO response…

Just make your own garage script by looking at this for reference. I started knowing nothing about Lua and learned as much as I know within a few months by trial and error. That’s the only way you learn.

You seem to have enough time to run a server and post on here constantly and talk down to content creators and other users but not enough time to learn and actually useful skill for someone who’s “running” a server.

I have tried to learn and there isn’t much out there to learn from. Do we have an lua school that I can attend to help understand this better, and figuring out why this doesn’t work?

What kind of background do you have? Any scripting at all and web development?

https://www.lua.org/docs.html

Also, video tutorials on youtube are great resources.

The great thing about scripts here are you already have sort of building blocks in front of you that you can pull apart and see what things do. However, start with the basics and build up. At least have an understanding of what a function is before you start using them and variables etc.

The discord can also be a great help under scripting or in general other users can if you run into an issue. Lastly, GOOGLE and trial/error. I started by just using citizen.trace and seeing what even that did and just building from there.

has anyone got this to work with fx server now?

like its in the server.lua but idk what i need to change in there

I just get this

Error loading script server.lua in resource garages: server.lua:3: attempt to call a nil value (global 'require')
stack traceback:
        server.lua:3: in main chunk
Failed to load script server.lua.
Started resource garages
Error loading script server.lua in resource insurance: server.lua:3: attempt to call a nil value (global 'require')
stack traceback:
Started resource insurance
Error loading script server.lua in resource perfecture: server.lua:3: attempt to call a nil value (global 'require')
stack traceback:
Started resource perfecture

:frowning:

What’s the difference between FXserver and CitizenMP??

I got everything working, i see icons on map but i am getting this Native error:

what did you have to do to get it working on fx @nax0r ?

Guys - this was made for CitizenMP, the FiveM model before FXServer - this script won’t work anymore, please don’t bring up extremely old posts.

You can re-code it using this though: https://wiki.fivem.net/wiki/Running_FXServer#Porting_Notes