[ citizen-server-impl] Server list query returned an error

That was on my localhost

1 Like

Not correct, with this error your are still able to connect to your server, at least locally, but not being able to connect “at all” is simply incorrect.

Guys it is saying it in the error Server list query returned an error
Your server is not getting correctly listed, so your server.cfg is not setup right, or your router / firewall is blocking the ports used by CFX to list you on the server list.

In other terms, CFX is unable to get a correct response from your server, thus this error. CFX has changed the way servers are listed in the latest server artifacts. You now have these options

sv_hostname " "
sv_projectName " "
sv_projectDesc " "

Make sure you configure your server right and fill these settings in, and make sure you have your ports ser correctly. 30120 for the server and 40120 for TXAdmin. Those need to be passed as well for the Router / Firewall if you running locally, and just the Firewall is you run dedicated. Also make sure that you make a exemptions for RedM.exe in your firewall so it does not block connections to and from it.

2 Likes

DDos firewall protection rules are a whole different ball game then the normal firewall rules. You can overwrite the firewall rules yourself. This is simply a wrong server setup in the cfg files, and the firewall / router configuration.

I just pasted what host replied to me because even i get that but still server show up in list and 60 people are playing in.
just ignoring that will not be a problem. ( Due to path.net firewall rules they said)

That might be the case, but it could be these lines as well…

endpoint_add_tcp "0.0.0.0:30120"
endpoint_add_udp "0.0.0.0:30120"

i noticed this pop up occasionally, so did a search which lead me to this post.
the key words here being Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException
which relates to Newtonsoft.Json.dll

which you’ll find tucked into one or more fxmanifest files somewhere.

that DLL is used by Hypnonema and five-vstancer resources, and presumably others that use a config.json file.

I’d say check Hypnonema as it has configuration for running its own webhost , or connecting to the dev’s own endpoint. if you dont run that resource, search for any other resources that do.

Issue resolved. Its the firewall blocking ports… To my knowledge this is not fixable

1 Like

Having the same issue

Since it’s not fixable, does it cause any problems?

Not that I know of

Yep its hypnmema for me…

2 Likes

you can just put this in server.cfg

sv_master1 “private” – work for me with local host

Enjoy!

hypnonema was causing that message to come up for me too

it’s work it for me !!! tanks.

sv_master1 does fix it… But there must be a better solution right? :thinking:

Yeah if you set sv_master1 “” enabled you will not send requests to the server for listing, its solves your issue with the error in the console, but not the fact that the firewall and / or router is blocking connections. If your locally you need to add the ports 30120 and 40120 in to the advanced firewall options with both TCP and UDP open, you “also” need to do this within your router/modem port forwarding settings. Only then you will fix this issue.

But “you” are in control over your firewall, so saying it is impossible to fix the firewall is incorrect. You may not know how to, or you may not have administrative permissions on that specific computer, but it is absolutely possible to open ports on the firewall. Some internet providers provide a router that has the port forwarding build in blocked or removed, than you would need a own bought router to fix this.

But you yourself are in control on what connections are accepted in and out of your device as long you are the administrator of the computer.

The error for the server list query means nothing more than that CFX was unable to get a return signal and will be unable to list the server correctly.

4 Likes

Yeah I recently figured it out as well was just too lazy to write… My computer/router doesnt like port forwarding tho

My dedicated server is all set up correctly and port forwarded correctly but this issue still persists :confused:

how did you fix it or what you do too fix it

how did you update to fxserver

1 Like

I switched from the old FXServer stuff to the newer FXServer stuff that included txAdmin. But I also made the switch from a Windows to a Linux server…