Chat (wasn't) working

I freshly installed QBus framework today. After logging in, this error kept spawning the server console in roughly half minute intervals.

Server list query returned an error: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: The operation was canceled. <- System.TimeoutException: The operation was canceled.

I don’t think it’s framework related, but still, I tried to change resources in server.cfg from

ensure qb-core
ensure [qb]
ensure [standalone]
ensure [voice]

to only

ensure qb-core

to see, if there’s gonna be a difference. Issue in console persists. Any advice on how to fix this?

3 Likes

Is your server reachable from the outside world?

No, it’s not. It doesn’t seem to be an issue on dedicated. Thanks for the reply.

Although there still seems to be something off. On my publicly accessible test server, this error showed up.

Server list query returned an error: Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Error reading JArray from JsonReader. Path ''

And chat couldn’t start, because of not loaded webpack (which never loads now for some reason)

Running build tasks on resource webpack - it'll restart once completed.
e[38;5;163m[    c-resources-core] e[0me[97mCould not start dependency webpack for resource chat.
SCRIPT ERROR in promise (unhandled): Error: Cannot find module './yarn_cli.js'
e[38;5;151m[         script:yarn] e[0me[91mRequire stack:
e[38;5;151m[         script:yarn] e[0me[91m- C:/txData/QBCore****.base/resources//[cfx-default]/[system]/[builders]/yarn/dummy.jse[0m
e[38;5;151m[         script:yarn] e[0me[0me[93m> Function.Modulee[0m (e[36minternal/modules/cjs/loader.jse[0m:794)
e[38;5;151m[         script:yarn] e[0me[0me[93m> Function.resolvee[0m (e[36minternal/modules/cjs/helpers.jse[0m:80)
e[38;5;151m[         script:yarn] e[0me[0me[93m> <unknown>e[0m (e[36m@yarn/yarn_builder.jse[0m:45)
e[38;5;151m[         script:yarn] e[0me[0me[93m> Object.build [as callback]e[0m (e[36m@yarn/yarn_builder.jse[0m:68)
e[38;5;151m[         script:yarn] e[0me[0me[93m> <unknown>e[0m (e[36m@yarn/yarn_builder.jse[0m:68)
e[38;5;151m[         script:yarn] e[0me[0me[93m> Object.build [as callback]e[0m (e[36m@yarn/yarn_builder.jse[0m:68)

Artifacts we are on are 4793

Another edit.:

I copied yarn_cli from resources[cfx-default][system][builders]\yarn my home server into public one (because why not). Then this happened.

Authenticating server license key...
info fsevents@1.2.11: The platform "win32" is incompatible with this module.
info "fsevents@1.2.11" is an optional dependency and failed compatibility check. Excluding it from installation.
[3/4] Linking dependencies...
e[38;5;84m[      script:monitor] e[0me[0me[36m[txAdminClient]e[97m Threads and commands set up. All Ready.
e[38;5;66m[          svadhesive] e[0me[97mServer license key authentication succeeded. Welcome!
[4/4] Building fresh packages...
e[31mwarning Ignored scripts due to flag.e[39m
e[31me[39mDone in 19.89s.
e[38;5;21m[      script:webpack] e[0me[93mchat: started building webpack.config.js
e[38;5;73m[ citizen-server-impl] e[0me[93mserver thread hitch warning: timer interval of 5742 milliseconds
e[38;5;21m[      script:webpack] e[0me[93mchat: built webpack.config.js
e[38;5;73m[ citizen-server-impl] e[0me[93mBuild tasks completed - starting resource chat.
e[38;5;161m[    c-scripting-core] e[0me[93mCreating script environments for chat
e[38;5;73m[ citizen-server-impl] e[0me[93mStarted resource chat

After another restart, no errors.

While doing all this, I switched artifacts to 4800. Now it seems to all work fine. And I’m not touching it anymore.

Do u think it is due to artifacts?

Were you able to find any kind of fix because I recently started facing this on my server as well

1 Like

How did you fix it? Because i did a fresh install for qbcore and now it seems this errors keeps coming… try everthing now but didnt work

1 Like

After updating server artifcats this started coming up for me as well. So that’s probably what’s causing the issue for a lot of you. I’m going to revert to an older build after I find one that works.

What’s ‘this’ here? If you are referring to the server list query message, that’s normal as older versions didn’t say such an error occurred, doesn’t mean newer versions caused that error, just that newer versions actually show that it does occur.

Hello. I have encountered this problem myself. I found the solution in returning to the most stable version artfact proposed.

Artifact: 4394 Recommend.
I have Tested artifacts:

• 4752 (Escrow Update)

it may be useful to open your 30120 ports as well.

If this error is a problem for you, it may be useful to return to this version for now.

1 Like

As in my post right above, what is ‘this problem’? This topic suddenly changed into a second question and you’re not specifying what ‘this problem’ is at all.

1 Like

@MoravianLion, can you also stop editing your posts to suddenly be a different question when you’re trying to ask a second question? Now there’s lots of people going ‘same issue!’ without saying what issue they’re having.

I think the problem is already clear enough.

This topic wasn’t about that before, and then you also didn’t read my reply saying it’s not a ‘problem’:

1 Like

Closed since people are hijacking it as if it were a general topic about ‘server list query returned an error’.

This is a non-fatal message that is irrelevant if your server is indeed not meant to be reachable externally.