Chat resource improvements

Some improvements to the chat resource would be great to have.

• Clear documentation on proper usage of the chat exports and events.
  • Ways to modify chat behavior externally, so people won’t need to modify the chat resource directly with changes such as modifying the player name on messages. Perhaps convar configs would be great for that. Additional configuration/customizability could also prevent weird PRs like this. Perhaps event hooks.
  • Chat suggestion hitches leads to CEF freezing when triggering many suggestions when a resource is stopped or started.
  • Chat suggestions are added for all commands automatically after a 500ms delay, so any custom suggestions need to be delayed as well or GetRegisteredCommands would replace them after 500ms.
  • ACL natives exist on the client but aren’t actually synced to the client, which probably isn’t desirable behavior; but perhaps commands could always execute on the server and trigger an RPC (when restricted). possibly breaking though?

It’s been 7 months since the depreciation of cfx-server-data with a note left that relevant resources would be bundled with the server package in the future. It would be nice for this to move forward so the community to start contributing to the above enhancements mentioned above.

1 Like

Acknowledged, will respond to these later (unless I forget due to a flood of other things - this happens a lot lately) and see if I can try to divide these up among the team.

Adding to this:

Auto-complete feature for commands:

• Typing the first letters, then pressing tab to complete the command.

• Ideally the same for “suggestions”. Maybe even selectable via arrow keys? (the only example I can think of right now is Minecraft)

• This already exists in the default console:

2 Likes