Changing Vanilla Vehicle Engine Sounds

Hey, i’m trying to change vanilla vehicle engine sounds to another sounds, either addon sounds or vanilla sounds.
I tried overwriting the vehicles.meta data for the elegy to change the audioNameHash but it didn’t seem to work, with addon sounds or vanilla sounds.
Is there a specific step that you have to do in order for it to work, other addon cars are working fine and i can change the sound for them it’s just vanilla cars.

And also if there’s a way to change it using the native ForceVehicleEngineAudio permanently as if u did it doing it through vehicles.meta i would love to know that too.

thanks for ur time <3

1 Like

Allow me to introduce you to a very awesome mod that does exactly what you’re looking to do, except with planes:

Actually, he does it with regular cars, too:

I’d recommend downloading it, observing the files used, the fxmanifest / __resource.lua, and where those files live within the game structure.

From there, it’s a matter of making your own replacements…

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I have sound packs similar to what was linked above, but nonetheless when changing the vehicle’s audio hash in the vehicles.meta it does not have any effect on vanilla/replacement vehicles. Addon vehicles work no issues at all.

I also want to note, i can make changes to replacement handling lines IF the new handling line is named exactly the same as the model name. If it is named anything else it will not work. So, if i renamed the addon sound files to a vanilla car model would it work?

This would not be an issue if i was not trying to replace all the vanilla cars to make the npc traffic all replacement cars.