Cfx.re Community Update - June 2022 Edition

It was answered here:

^^ server shortcut.

Yes, but this i dont use to my custom connect link . I use connect blabla.example pointed to my server IP

I’m not sure how you would imagine this to work. If the player has to switch both build and pure level, there’s still only one game restart that switches both at once. The switch for pure level is only a switch for pure level, it has nothing to do with ‘game build’, which again, makes me not understand what you’re asking or expecting.

The pure level ‘transition’ however is always necessary, see above:

In the hypothetical case where the last pure state was saved on launch, if a player would do the following:

1. Join a server that used pure mode.
  2. Have it successfully join so the pure state is saved.
  3. Unknowingly edit a base GTA V file.
  4. Launch the game again.

… they’d be unable to launch the game ever again without some confusing manual remediation steps as it’d constantly error out that a file was modified while launched in pure mode.

While we know restarting the game looks visually jarring and takes a whole extra 15-20 seconds worst-case if the user waits for the timer (wow, almost like most servers ‘waste’ more time in loading flow by e.g. not using save_gta_cache files, or even in connecting flow by doing unnecessary deferrals), there is no alternative to such a flow that’s trivially possible to add, especially without breaking a lot of unrelated things.

1 Like

Is there any way to remove this?

it’s blocking my custom sounds on level 1 for whatever reason

Amazing news, this will help server owners and players a lot to feel calm in various situations.

3 Likes

Can we make an exception for sound.
It is blocking siren sounds on Level 1. A big no no in my community…

1 Like

… then disable pure mode ‘in your community’, or add these siren sounds as server content?

I’m closing this topic anyway since it seems to have devolved into low-effort unconstructive replies about pure mode only.