Cfx.re Community Pulse - September 2022 Edition

Is there going to be an update for the CEF? Making it more performant

2 Likes

ā€¦ huh? What do you mean by ā€˜more performantā€™, and why do you only refer to that as ā€˜an updateā€™?

For one, we recently bumped the Chromium version from M91 to M103, so we are only two platform versions behind the current ā€˜stableā€™ channel (compare this to Discord, who are still shipping their desktop app with M91).

Similarly, to my knowledge, we have the only Chromium build that uses shared resources and has stable frame timing (see Citizen OSR GPU fixes Ā· citizenfx/cef@90a2efc Ā· GitHub for the most recent changes), so if you donā€™t mean frame rate/latency, what do you mean?

3 Likes

Great work everyone, the new UI looks amazing and MUCH smoother / faster than the old one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good job tam cfx.re really appreciate the hardwork you did. New UI is really very nice and also very fast.

2 Likes

Always wondered where dopet was as Iā€™m not that active on Discord, devastatingly tragic news :frowning:

3 Likes

Rest in peace d0p3t, helped a lot with my early days in the FiveM community, my condolences :heart:

2 Likes

I think the first version of this new UI was my favourite, where youā€™d see the server list with your favourites up top on the main screen. The main screen just feels like a bunch of adverts now, which I guess helps keep the lights on, but that entire page just feels like an advert that needs skipped now.

2 Likes

thankyouu for welcoming me

3 Likes

my condolences

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.