Cannot increase vehicle top speed past handling.meta value?

Hey,

I’ve come accross issues while modifying vehicle top speeds inside scripts, and wanted to know if there were workarounds.

What I’ve found is SetVehicleMaxSpeed works well, but doesn’t change the actual gear ratios, so your last gear redline speed will remain the same, independent from top speed modification. That prevents the vehicle from reaching a top speed higher than the one set in the handling.meta

I therefore cannot set cars to go past their handling.meta top speed and wanted to know if there was a workaround, thought about creating multiple different handling.metas that have different top speeds, then I would apply the handling hash to the car and it would maybe allow the game to recalculate the whole handling and recalculate the gear ratios.

Maybe there’s a native to re-caclulate the gear ratios ? or maybe worst case scenario, increasing the top speed of a vehicle past it’s handling.meta value in-game is simply not possible.

Thanks in advance ! Would love information on this

You need to use SetVehicleHandlingFloat or SetHandlingFloat with fInitialDragCoeff from the handling.meta.

When the drag coefficient is too high, at some speed the calculated drag will be counteracting the acceleration. The higher the value, the lower the top speed.

Set it to 0.0 and you will basically be able to accelerate until the end of time.

Thanks for your response !

Setting the fInitialDragCoeff won’t re-calculate gear ratios I’m assuming ? It will just allow the car to accelerate past the redline in last gear ?

Yea. Basically you need to find a sweetspot for that where you can get really close to top speed. Drag value too high and you won’t get close to it, have it too low and you will accelerate past it.

I am currently working on a manual transmission and I’m trying to find a proper calculation to automatically find the “sweetspot” for the drag value ingame at runtime.

Edit:
Maybe these two resources can help you out as well:

Helps a lot ! Thanks for your help