Cannot enter custom MLO locations

I have MLOs installed which worked fine and now I cannot enter them. It’s like there is an invisible wall. Almost like nobody removed the collisions from the map file, but there are no collisions. The MLOs were perfectly working. Not sure what I changed or how to start debugging this issue because I dont get any error codes map or MLO related.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where to start debugging this issue? Mapmanager?

I have checked the collisions in 3dsmax and they are not present there is something wrong with how they are loading. what in esx controls this?

I still havent solved this can anyone offer some assistance?

1 Like

This is colission you can remove this with 3ds max :slight_smile:

I’m still having this problem.

I had two interiors working perfectly. Suddenly after adding some more maps they are not working anymore at all.

It very strange. Its like the old original models are still there and the map is trying to load both!

1 Like

This issue is due pretty much exactly to that. More than one map is loading streaming the same collision file. Unfortunately for me this is all I found when searching for how to fix that issue. I believe a gabz firehouse map is currently interfering with a dispensary I have

Indeed. I learned a lot more about mapping since that post, and even map them myself now. Its unfortunate that so many map add ons end up interfering with eachother by using the same collision files. The game was never really designed for this heavy modding clearly. The way the GTA devs made huge sections of streets into one file. Like almost all of Grove St. uses one major collision file. So if you have more than one house on there suddenly you cannot get into some of them. Including the Store interior the groveshop.

You said you’ve learned a lot about mapping since the OG post.

Question: For collision files in MLOs, do they usually contain “occ” or “occl”?

I’m having issues myself with a couple of maps in and around the area in this screenshot:

With Prentiss’s Hornbills and Shmann’s Rockford Hills PD/FD/CityHall MLO.

The files you are looking for end with .ybn and they can be edited in Blender, 3ds Max or Codewalker for example. You need to open up the duplicate files, see what they changed and modify just one of them to match all of them. Then just keep one of them on your server.

occl files are occlusion files those are for making things invisible for optimization purposes basically they cull props on the other side of them so your computer isn’t rendering as much at the same time on your screen say you are standing on one side of a wall that has an occlusion volume inside it, the other side is actually not rendering. the parts that are out of sight that is. those will not affect physical player collisions

1 Like