[C#] TriggerClientEvent

Hi,

I thought I had the same problem as this post : [C#] TriggerClientEvent crashes resources intermittently, but unfortunately, I have the same problem.

Here’s the part of the code that gets the server to crash :

private async void buyVehicule([FromSource]Player player, int id_veh, int price)
(...)
            else
            {
                Debug.WriteLine("test"); //<<<---- this is ok
                TriggerClientEvent(player, "notif", "test1-2");  //<<<---- this is NOT ok
            }

and on the client (lua file, other resource)

RegisterNetEvent('notif')
AddEventHandler('notif', function(msg)
	sendnotif(msg)
end)

Here’s the console error :

InvokeNative: execution failed: No current resource manager.
Unhandled exception: System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.

Server stack trace:
  at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR (System.Int32 errorCode) [0x0000a] in <fb0d2884a2b44d8db375bbed7cc70740>:0
  at (wrapper cominterop) CitizenFX.Core.IScriptHost:InvokeNative (CitizenFX.Core.fxScriptContext&)
  at (wrapper cominterop-invoke) CitizenFX.Core.IScriptHost:InvokeNative (CitizenFX.Core.fxScriptContext&)
  at CitizenFX.Core.MonoScriptRuntime+WrapScriptHost.InvokeNative (CitizenFX.Core.fxScriptContext& context) [0x00000] in /src/code/client/clrcore/MonoScriptRuntime.cs:242
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) CitizenFX.Core.MonoScriptRuntime+WrapScriptHost:InvokeNative (CitizenFX.Core.fxScriptContext&)
  at (wrapper xdomain-dispatch) CitizenFX.Core.MonoScriptRuntime+WrapScriptHost:InvokeNative (object,byte[]&,byte[]&)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
  at (wrapper xdomain-invoke) CitizenFX.Core.MonoScriptRuntime+WrapScriptHost:InvokeNative (CitizenFX.Core.fxScriptContext&)
  at CitizenFX.Core.ScriptContext.InvokeInternal (System.UInt64 nativeIdentifier, CitizenFX.Core.IScriptHost scriptHost) [0x0000c] in /src/code/client/clrcore/ScriptContext.cs:173
  at CitizenFX.Core.ScriptContext.Invoke (System.UInt64 nativeIdentifier, CitizenFX.Core.IScriptHost scriptHost) [0x00000] in /src/code/client/clrcore/ScriptContext.cs:166
  at CitizenFX.Core.Native.Function.InvokeInternal (CitizenFX.Core.Native.Hash nativeHash, System.Type returnType, CitizenFX.Core.Native.InputArgument[] args) [0x00026] in /src/code/client/clrcore/Native.cs:28
  at CitizenFX.Core.Native.Function.Call (CitizenFX.Core.Native.Hash hash, CitizenFX.Core.Native.InputArgument[] arguments) [0x00000] in /src/code/client/clrcore/Native.cs:16
  at CitizenFX.Core.Player.TriggerEvent (System.String eventName, System.Object[] args) [0x0000f] in /src/code/client/clrcore/Server/ServerWrappers.cs:47
  at vehShopSv.vehShopSv+<achatVehicule>d__6.MoveNext () [0x002ae] in <e73b5c81d55842b598be0d5c0cfa09b9>:0
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x0000c] in <fb0d2884a2b44d8db375bbed7cc70740>:0
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_1 (System.Object state) [0x00000] in <fb0d2884a2b44d8db375bbed7cc70740>:0
  at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context (System.Object state) [0x00007] in <fb0d2884a2b44d8db375bbed7cc70740>:0
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [0x00071] in <fb0d2884a2b44d8db375bbed7cc70740>:0
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [0x00000] in <fb0d2884a2b44d8db375bbed7cc70740>:0
  at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem () [0x00021] in <fb0d2884a2b44d8db375bbed7cc70740>:0
  at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch () [0x00074] in <fb0d2884a2b44d8db375bbed7cc70740>:0
  at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback () [0x00000] in <fb0d2884a2b44d8db375bbed7cc70740>:0
GlobalError: Unhandled exception in Mono script environment: System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.

And then the server crashes.

I’m working on VS2017, .NET4.5.2, I use the latest CitizenFX.Core.dll and the server runs on Ubuntu. It was restared, and the cache was cleared.
I also tried using player.TriggerEvent(“notif”,“blalba”), but same consequences…

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and pardon me if I’m in the wrong forum category.

Regards,

when exactly are you calling this function what are you doing

not a bug, you’re probably doing something in your method that makes it get scheduled on another thread

2 Likes

My mitsake then, feel free to move the topic to technical issues

The code looks like that :

using CitizenFX.Core;
using MySql.Data.MySqlClient;
using System;
using System.Threading.Tasks;

namespace vehShopSv
{
   public vehShopSv()
        {
            Debug.WriteLine("vehShopSv Ok");
            EventHandlers.Add("buyVehicle", new Action<Player, int, int>(buyVehicle));
        }

private async void buyVehicle([FromSource]Player player, int id_veh, int price)
        {
            Debug.WriteLine("Player : " + player.Name);
            Bank = await CheckBankAsync(GetIDFromPlayer(player)); //GetIDFromPlayer(player) value is correct
            if (Bank >= price) //bank value is correct when printed
            {
                 //no pb here
            }
            else
                 TriggerClientEvent(player, "notif", "test1-2"); //when this is triggered, I get the error and then the server crashes
         }
}

I have to admit, I have absolutely no idea where I am doing something wrong :confused:

Thanks in advance for your help !

Changed

TriggerClientEvent(player, "notif", "test1-2");

into

string test = "test1-2";
                TriggerClientEvent(player, "notif", new object[1]
                {
                    (object) test
                });

Problem solved.

Enjoy

Seems like weird shit nevertheless.

2 Likes

Indeed… But ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I tried your solution with my code, and I get the same crash, but I am also trying to trigger it on all clients, not just one. Ughhh. I can’t figure this crap out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.