[BUG] Issues reported after updating the FiveM Client

We haven’t had any changes to the script or server base in the last few days, the problem started to occur after the last update of the FiveM client on 07/06/2020.

I’ve been using server version 2606 since 06/22/2020 without changing any scripts.

• Significant increase in CPU usage for some players
  • Significant increase in the GPU usage of some players
  • Fuel consumption doubled, apparently you hear some change in time from Wait () or Citizen.Wait () to customers
  • Many people have started to lose the texture of the floor and are reporting that they are falling endlessly.
  • A lot of people crashing the server loading

If you need more information to contribute to the correction of problems, I am available.

1 Like

Provide more info.

Provide more info.

Hear? To customers?

Provide clearer info. Nothing changed in this regard at all, and there’s no built-in ‘fuel’ system at all, so also, provide more info.

Provide more info.

Provide more info.

You provided a total of zero info now, hell, counting that incorrect sentence, you’ve provided negative info.

Provide actual info - reproduction steps, crash dumps, scripts used, perf traces, literally anything.

I actually provided zero reproductions because:

• First I don’t know what kind of information you need.
  • According to how I will make a reproduction using a client that has been changed and compare the before and after.
  • Third, the problems were reported by me and by people who play here daily, people who previously had no problems and are now having, or who have seen the use of CPU or GPU increase.

And my sentence was wrong as you said, you should be happy because your project is worldwide and not everyone knows how to write in English perfectly, but here that I know it is not English class, and I would like to be treated as a client, and not like anybody, because I help maintain the project for almost 2 years and I’m trying to contribute in the way that I can, and always with great respect. I ask you not to take this as an insult, but as a request for things to be treated in a more commercial way as a company.

1 - The consumption of the scripts continues as before, there was no change using performance traces.
The reports are that the customer is consuming 15% to 20% more than before on i5 or equivalent computers, even consuming along with windows 75 to 85% of the CPU.
I did the test on my ryzen 7 2700x and always had an average of 15% of cpu use by the fivem client, now this is between 20% to 25%, an increase of 5 to 10%.

2 - Same thing for GPU, the increase was from 10 to 15% of GPU usage in cards equivalent to GTX 1060 and GTX 1070 reaching the consumption of 80% to 90% of the GPU.
I did the test with my RTX 2080 card I always had an average of 35% to 40% of GPU usage, now this is between 45% to 55%, an increase of 5 to 10%.

3 - The fuel consumption on my server is only checked if the engine is running and I count the total fuel of the vehicle - 0.004 for each time it passes in an infinite loop.
Performing the tests with old notes from when I created the script the increase in consumption was 30% more consumption for the time that the fuel should last, apparently the looping for some reason is giving more tics for milliseconds.
Other times this happened when the client version was changed, but I did not report it because the next day there was another version that ended up returning to normal.

4 - I asked people who did not have this problem before to be swallowed by the floor, to record and send us the videos to show that the CPU, GPU and memory are low when the problem happens, but in advance people have good computers, never had this problem before this last update.

5 - I didn’t send people crashes when loading the server because the client closes without giving the option to save the log and dump as shown in the image below.

I hope I helped with the information, if I can provide anything else just ask me. Even if you need access to my server, I am available.

1 Like

This is an image of a user with 10 players on the server and only with FiveM open.
Before he played with 35% GPU, now with 90%.
PC settings:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600x
Team Group T-Force Vulcan 16GB (2x8) 3000MHz DDR4
RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB
We did the test with different locations and nothing changed continues between 80 to 90% GPU usage

This is a player video that before the client update did not have this problem, and now walking anywhere on the map, they are randomly swallowed by the floor. You can see that the use of the machine is low. If you need any other type of command or enabled while recording the video please let me know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iybhgPszLkU&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pyoQyDzZlg&feature=youtu.be

Another player video with low pc usage.
i7 7700
GTX 1070ti
16gb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29wYaTufXb8&feature=youtu.be

The update of the FiveM client of 07/09/2020 corrected the problems mentioned above.
The players said that the game was very good with this update.

The only problem now are places with lots of grass and sunlight.

As the video shows the GPU hits more than 95% and consequently if I stay in that place my card starts to increase the temperature reaching 85º C.
In the test I change between looking at the place with grass and back, and also with option
/ morning and / night to show the difference.
My game is in maximum configuration and my configuration is:
ryzen 7 2700x
RTX 2080
32 GB RAM

We tested with smaller configurations and other weaker computers and the same thing happens, it wouldn’t be exactly a bug because nothing happens except to overheat the card by using the maximum capacity.
So I’m just reporting a possible problem, in any case you can close the topic and put it as resolved in the previously reported problems.

While I have never tested this previously, I can confirm that foliage seems to crap out the GPU now. Tested on a server running 2430 win32, with a client running the latest version of canary as of 07/11/2020 (not sure where to find a version number, sorry).

When not near foliage at all (such as at the port), the GPU sits between 70-80%, spiking with camera movement and such.

When in the city with a few trees around, the GPU sits between 75-85%, depending on where you are and what you are looking at.

When in the county with a few trees around, the GPU also sits between 75-85%.

When in the county and around trees, however, we start to get some interesting results. Take note of the FPS as well, in all the other tests, it’s been 60+, but not here.

GPU is pegged at 99-100%. Frames will not go higher than 50, sitting mostly around 40-45. You can see the dramatic rises and drops when around and not around trees.

Even doing a 180 and looking in the opposite direction has a massive difference.

Anyway, I’m not too sure what to make of any of this, but yeah, hope this helps.

That makes no sense to change “from an update”. Did something perhaps increase the Grass Quality setting?