Black screen after reopening Fivem after Tabbing out/minimizing in Fullscreen (exclusive)

Environment questions

GTA V version: Latest
**Up to date:**Yes
**Legit or Pirate copy:**Legit
**Purchased where - Steam/Rockstar Launcher/Epic:**Rockstar Launcher
**Windows version:**Latest (10)
Did you try to delete content_index.xml and try again? Yes
System specifications:
8700k, 2080 Super, 16gb RAM

Important parts

What is the issue you’re having?
When I open the Fivem window back up after tabbing out all I see is a black screen and It feels like the game is frozen. I have to force close Fivem through the task manager and reopen it again. This seems to only happen when I use “Fullscreen (exclusive)” mode for display and only started happening recently after the new “resizing” updates that were pushed which have caused a bunch of other problems as well like the game reverting to windowed mode. I wish there was a way to revert to a specific fivem version and use that because everything worked perfectly fine until the 08/03/2021 update when they started changing window pausing and resizing functions.

IMPORTANT:
One thing I did notice as well though is if I tab out and reopen Fivem quickly it doesn’t have this problem, but it does turn white for a second and blurrs the screen after that it lets be continue playing like normal. The Black screen and freeze issue only happens when I wait a few minutes before opening the window back up after tabbing out/minimizing.

What did you do to get this issue?
Started after the recent client updates.

What have you tried already to fix the issue?
I’ve tried both Canary and Release versions as well as reinstalled Fivem.

This is what my screen looks like when I open the Fivem window back up:

And here is what is looks like if I reopen the window shortly after tabbing out (maybe like 20 seconds or so):

This does clear up and goes to normal after I wait a few seconds. This only happens if I quickly reopen the window after minimizing/tabbing out instead of waiting a few min then I’d get that black screen and freeze.

Please let me know if anyone else is having this issue and if you might know what I can do to fix it.

1 Like

So after trying everything I could I’m still not sure how to fix this. The only thing that I think migtht have something to do with it is the street maps either client or server sided or both. This is the only thing that has affected this issue at all. I’m not sure if the new Fivem changes that have affected this will stay forever or if there will be a fix or not but I’m hoping there will be and gonna just sit and wait.

1 Like

Duplicate topic without additional info, find out what causes it so it can be reproduced and fixed: Alt+Tab out / in freezes - #10 by deterministic_bubble

Doesn’t happen here so you folks must have something in common to make it break, finding it should help with a fix.