Better screenshot sharing with Steam

Because FiveM doesn’t link the Steam Overlay as any gameid, taken screenshots don’t appear in the Screenshot Uploader window and you have to go inside Steam to find them. But if FiveM links the overlay as gameid 218, screenshots will appear as Source SDK Base 2007 inside the Screenshot Uploader and they can be easily uploaded and shared.

Also I don’t know if it’s possible, but it would be interesting if screenshots can show the locations where they were taken, example the name of the server, something similar like the image below.
https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/api/ISteamScreenshots#SetLocation

To achieve this I restarted GameOverlayUI.exe with these values
GameOverlayUI.exe -pid GTAProcessPID -steampid SteamPID -manuallyclearframes 0 -gameid 218 -webmicrotxn
and for the Location I added it manually inside screenshots.vdf

1 Like

We can’t really do this, Steam itself launches the overlay and there’s no way to intercept that launch without injecting into Steam.exe and triggering Valve’s DRM integrity junk on all players - you’re going to have to take this up with Valve, and while at it also mention that SteamInput breaks shit to hell and beyond too.

Valve has extremely inconsistent support for launching stuff with a “In-Mod” GameID, and since we can’t be assigned a native AppID due to Valve’s stubbornness such unfixable issues like this occur.

Steam is a really nasty monopolist with an extremely closed policy regarding mods/such, please try to avoid supporting them.

1 Like