Tired of joining terrible made whitelist servers that do so many things wrong.
So i wanted to get into my own server hosting and need to know a few things before i get going.
I’ve hosted game servers before like Rust/WoW Private server hosting so mysql/configs are only thing i really know.
whats the pros and cons of getting a custom framework and not having one?
Im going for a no pixel inspired type server as close as i can to it.
Please let me know or point me in the right direction
I don’t have any experience with servers other than public. There’s A LOT of cons when it comes to public servers, “Modders”, people who try DDOS attacks, etc. You have to invest in DDOS protection and get a good Anti-Cheat that works for you. Unless you’re lucky enough to get yourself a good player base of people who are genuinely passionate about your server and the type of server you’re going for, Roleplay for example requires people who are good at Roleplay. One thing I’ve run into is other server owners trying to mess with us, such as DDOS Attacks, constant Modders, etc. I’ve also experienced people who just don’t seem to be satisfied, no matter what you do. Being a server owner depends on your own patience and mental state. The pros on the other hand, you have an amazing platform to build whatever server you wish, almost limitless potential on what can be done and if you use OneSync on your server, it makes it even better! I love FiveM, It’s such an amazing thing that sadly some people take for granted.
Here are a couple of my pro’s and cons:
Would u want to go for a custom framework?
In your case, I won’t. If you do not have any experienced knowledge of scripting, it wouldn’t be smart to do that, because you’ll mostly have to rely on your own updates and knowledge to fix, update, extend and moderate it. ESX is the number one if you’re a ‘starter’ imo. Not having a custom framework isn’t bad at all if you’re not an experienced developer yourself. You’ll get free updates and scripts built for ESX from different creators. A custom framework really is an advantage when you’re a developer yourself and know how to extend it and do everything yourself.
Whitelisted / public
I’m running a server, built on a custom framework, using Discord whitelisting permissions. This is an automatic process, which allows everyone to join our server. We developed our own anti-cheat system which defends us against almost every cheat there is. As long as you know what you’re doing, you should be fine to go soft-whitelisted.
Server and hosting
This is purely a personal thing. The only thing I can say is: as long as you know what you’re doing, you’re fine. Don’t go for dedicated ‘gaming’ servers, because they’re overpriced as f.