Ask about Server things

Hello at all :slight_smile:
my question is, did i need a licence for real car names like BMW, Audi, Mercedes etc.

Thanks for your help :smiley:

No you do not need, license is for clothes, more slots and onesync

I mean a licence for sell donation cars u know what i mean?

well you probably would but no one does it so you will be fine i doubt any big brands will come after you for it

The other thing is… how can get that licence when i decide to bought one :slight_smile:

well you will have to reach out to the brands but i doubt they will answer you and it would be vvery expensive keep in mind euro truck simulator had to wait years to get the proper licensing

Hmm thats totaly bad to hear it… but when i want the cars on my Server… i think that when i want to be on the right legal position i have to ask them :frowning: okay guys thanks for your time and help :slight_smile:

you can have them without a license since you arent distributing them

okay :slight_smile: i have another question how can i close this topic? This is my first topic here xD

That is generally correct - it’d be a very gray area if someone started to (re-)sell the vehicle models themselves. However, just having them on the server (even if the use of such vehicles is limited behind a “paywall”) should not cause any trouble.
I’ve yet to hear of a single case of any vehicle manufacturer coming after a FiveM server because of said server using their vehicles, but it always remains in the realm of possibility.

Hey thanks for your answer. U mean when i want to sell cars for my server that is okay? but a very very gray area?

you cant close a topic or delete it

no.
If you are selling a car to other servers / people then you might get in trouble

if you are giving access to use it in your server thru donations its ok

i dont sell it too other servers xD thats only for me and i dont sell it. I tell my players when they wanna help us with a donation they get a real car when they pay ^^

1 Like

yeah then you’re good