Armoury - The Open Source, FiveM Roleplay Gamemode (Typescript/Non-ESX/Own framework)

how do you create a character?

A resource for the character creation is in the works, but because it is not yet in a testable phase it is not currently part of the repository. We are trying to constantly evolve Armoury, but can only do this in our spare time, which is scarce. However, if someone decides to create something similar and compatible with Armoury, using our framework, we would be more than happy to include it.

Okay, Ill try to do something.

1 Like

Good day. I downloaded and installed “Armoury - The Open Source, FiveM Roleplay Gamemode”.
I have a small problem and I get the following errors.
I also have All resources Enabled as described in The Server.cfg.
When I connect I get awaiting scripts ingame

Resource loading for .github failed:
Could not open resource metadata file - no such file.
Resource loading for docs failed:
Resource loading for .vscode failed:
Resource loading for jail failed:
Resource loading for client failed:
Resource loading for server failed:
Resource loading for decorators failed:
Resource loading for models failed:
Resource loading for defaults failed:
Could not open resource metadata file - no such file

These warnings appear because the FiveM server treats the folders inside the ‘[utils]’ folder (the framework) as separate resources.

They won’t impact the server. If you’re blocked on ‘awaiting scripts’, it’s most likely because you are using an outdated server artifact.

Many thanks for the answer.
How can I update the server artifact?

Best regards

https://runtime.fivem.net/artifacts/fivem/build_server_windows/master/

If you’re on windows, grab the latest recommended version from here and simply overwrite the existing server files with these ones.

1 Like

I can register and log in.
But I still get awaiting scripts.
Here is my server log, maybe you can tell if I’ve set something wrong.
EDIT also used the last recommended server artifact

Best regards

Armoury has received a massive update today! We’re happy to announce that both our gamemode and framework have now been updated to version 0.0.2, which brings the following updates:

Character Creation (Beta)

Bring character customizability to a whole other level with Armoury’s brand new Character Creation Resource!

Faction menus (Beta)

Offer your players a better faction-management experience with Armoury’s brand-new faction management menu:

• Add/remove sanctions
  • View faction activity and individual* member activity
  • Kick players out of the faction
  • … and more!

A new faction: The Tow Car Company (Beta)

The Armoury gamemode now features a brand new faction: The Tow Car Company. This faction is responsible with keeping the streets of Los Santos clean of irregular parking - and also, retrieving faction vehicles back to their headquarters.

Faction Clothing Lockers (Beta)

The Police Department and Tow Car Company now have lockers clothing inside their headquarters - easily define faction clothing and separate them based on faction rank. Clothings are basically inventory items, and you can switch back to your usual outfit at any time.

Performance improvements

All the resources of the Armoury gamemode are now optimized for up to 5 times better performance!

Framework upgrades

Spice up your development by making use of the Armoury framework’s latest features:

• Localization functionality - use one of the predefined languages (English/Romanian) or easily create your own language definition file inside resources
  • Enhanced blip creation (now supports blip opacity, ‘3d’ blips and 2 other blip types, createable with a single line of code)
  • Enhanced action points creation - easily create onfoot-only or invehicle-only action points with a single line of code
  • Enhanced action point debugging - the framework automatically adds commands to individually debug action point data
  • Numerous new functions related to action points and more

Looks awesome :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just wanted to setup a server with this but it takes for ever to clone the repository. 14GB is just way to huge…

That’s weird - you could try doing the cloning process again. The whole repository actually has around 800mb, and a large part of that is caused by the custom vehicles, which will be removed anyway in the next update following the latest FiveM announcement.

Later Edit: The dealership resource and the custom vehicles resource have been removed following the modding policy announcement: On Rockstar's recently published modding policy
The repository now has roughly ~10mb.

Could you just bring back cardealer withtout all these stuff that violate tos? It’s could be handy for all. No brands version of car dealer?

And for speedmeter this could be a new feature too.

The dealership resource will come back eventually, but with the game’s default vehicles. However, we plan to make it easy to include your own custom vehicles.

That awesome you hear your community like Facepunch does for his game. Me and a friend have the plan to make a roleplay server with some simplicity soo thanks to bring all the tools togethers. We thinking to implement these one day if we have time for it!

Does you have any tips about how Armoury works? There some compatible with these? Because we would implement missing stuffs but we don’t want to broke something when we start it up.

Standalone resources should work just fine with Armoury. If you wish to find out how you can develop resources with the Armoury Framework, the following video could help (it’s in Romanian, but it has English subtitles):

Hi. Looks very nice. Is there any source for the UI files?

The repository contains only compiled UI files; for the full source code of the UI (even though the UI was made in such a way that you don’t actually need the source files) please visit the Patreon page.

Is this framework still being updated?

We are trying to constantly evolve Armoury, but can only do this in our spare time, which is scarce. However, anyone can contribute to the source code as it’s open source. The development on the framework will eventually get more consistent, but that would only happen once the gamemode/framework itself gains more traction.

1 Like