Are you new to FiveM? Then read this guide! (NOT UP TO DATE FOR ESX SERVERS)

2020-08-05 POST UPDATE! - I WILL NOT ADD ANY INFORMATION ABOUT ANY OTHER FRAMEWORKS AS MANY SERVERS LIKE TO BE THE SAME, BUT A LOT ARE VERY UNIQUE AND SO IT WOULD BE VERY DIFFICULT FOR ME TO ADD INFORMATION ON SERVERS RUNNING THEIR OWN FRAMEWORK, SERVERS ON ESX, VRP, AND ETC. AS AGAIN, SERVERS HAVE DIFFERENT CONTENT, SO I WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO PROVIDE ACCURATE INFORMATION! -THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING, AND HAVE A GOOD LIFE. xoxo

New player guide & introduction

Hi there buddy. My name is Lime and I have been on FiveM since sometime in October 2017.

In this Guide and Introduction I will tell you exactly everything I know about FiveM and all I can fit in one post which can be good information for you who want to start on something new.

First off. What is FiveM?
Well FiveM is a modification for GTA V enabling you to play multiplayer on customized dedicated servers. This means you no longer need to grind money to buy a $8,500,000 car on GTA: Online and only use that car once. On FiveM there is many, many and so many different servers you can play on, and many different gamemodes. All from Zombie Survival, to Community Races, and RolePlaying which FiveM is most known for. :slight_smile:

How do I start?

1. So I recommend you making a profile on forum.fivem.net where you then can join all the discussions and make new threads and topics where you can either advertise a new community, post new releases, talk about general stuff on FiveM, or ask for help in the technical support category.

Join a server
2. With the latest FiveM update you can now in the Server Browser check the tags, for example if you want economy based servers where you have to get a job and earn money to get something like your very own apartment, or a motorcycle from the car dealership then you can check in “economy”. If you can not find a specific tag, what you can do is type in the search bar tag: and then what you want to search for after the colon “:”, if you want to play on a server with drugs just simple write tag:drugs and then there you go. All the server with the tag “drugs” will be visible. If you don’t want to search by tags, you can search by name or word(s). It works the same, but without the tag:.

I’m in a server, what do I do now?
3. There is many things you need to think about. There is servers where they don’t allow client sided scripts, or also known as trainers or mod menus. Just like in GTA: Online, use a mod menu and Rockstar Games will ban you except in FiveM that is rarely an option. Servers that do not allow trainers are usually economy based, or the gamemode it is does not want you as a player use cheats to get advantage over other players. These servers are usually called “esx” or “vrp”, now these are just resources but these esx and vrp servers are usually like GTA: Online, but without the random events, NPC police chasing you (which instead are replaced with real players that play as the police), Simeon spamming your phone with calls asking you to do missions for him, and so on. The list can go on for a long time, but with experience and trying new things you will understand why people rather play FiveM over GTA: Online.

But let’s get back to the topic!

You join a server, know which server you have joined. If you have joined a roleplay server then I recommend you installing these two mod menus:

Lambda Menu
https://forum.cfx.re/t/release-lambda-menu/146
Simple Trainer

And this little extra that is VERY useful!

If you don’t know how to install these to FiveM, please watch this video and keep in mind that the open interiors are installed the same way:

Okay, I want to roleplay. What do I do?
4. Many servers and if not most servers want you to roleplay realistically, and that would mean you have to follow all laws and you can not do anything unrealistic like pulling a weapon from your peach like in GTA: Online. You have to roleplay it out like for example /me picks up rifle from trunk and there you go. You have roleplayed it out. Let’s get back on the topic for economy based servers and non-economy based servers. Economy based servers want you to get a job, earn money and behave like real life. You cannot just walk up to a person and shoot him in the head for no reason. While in non-economy based servers, it’s the same rule but here you have to again, roleplay it out. This time since there is no jobs available you have to be creative and think it through.

Example about that can be found here:

Alright so everything, thank you for this. I decided to make this because I haven’t found a thread anything like this one before and I just want to do a good favor for the community and all the new players. If there is anything missing, please let me know and I’ll add it.

I also give full permission for the FiveM moderators and administrators to edit this thread if they would like to add, remove or edit anything.

Thanks,
Lime

15 Likes

You did a good job on this and a lot of new people is going to like this / need this

3 Likes

Keep in mind that most “good” servers don’t require you to install anything. And relying on client-sided mods is bad practice.

4 Likes

I never said anything about require, just recommend.

:heart:

1 Like

Love it <3

3 Likes

post update, read the very top in bolded text.

5 Likes

Where in the GTAV directory do I put the Open All Interior Mod?