Are there Any frameworks NOT unnecessarily forcing steam as the identifier?

Looking into helping a friend get a Rdr3 server up and running and the one thing I can’t seem to find is a framework that is not dependent on steam to connect.

Its not needed, it’s a waste of system resources literally to do one function which is pass a unique identifier to the server (it’s not even what verifies that your game is valid), the CFX server can use license as the identifier and nor require additional apps in the background that can crash and force your game to also stop.

I know qbcore announced they are working on porting their gta5 framework over to rdr3 but until then I wanted to know why the steam requirement and who or how deeply embedded it is into current frameworks (can it be switched)?

1 Like

I’ve never worked with RedM at all but I’m sure the process of making the key identifier to a rockstar license is painfully similar to FiveM. Can you link me or send me your framework? No promises but I may be able to help.

I’m still getting accustomed to redM and have only found two frameworks (with two more in the works).

And the two existing ones seem somewhat integrated.
Vorpcore has about 35 files in their org’s repos that are checking specifically for steam id.

Redem:RP only has it checking for the steam ID in 4 of their files on their repo.

This would make redem:RP appear easier to change to a different identifier, but I’m not sure if there are any ‘essential’ stuff that has steam id hard coded.

In addition to that, resources that are expecting the steam id would through an error when given the license instead. And if these scripts are obfuscated I wouldn’t be able to even make the needed changes myself.

The two other frameworks I’ve found that are not yet up are QbCore’s port of their framework onto RedM. This one uses license but it’s not converted to redM yet. And DokusCore will continue to use steam in his new framework.

Are there other frameworks I’m missing?

The only thing I found in regards to forcing steam as an identifier between RedEM and RedEm-Roleplay

Was in RedEM:
sv_main.lua - line ~18

['identifierUsed'] = GetConvar('es_identifierUsed', 'steam'),

I did however have to search for both resources via GitHub so maybe I’m not looking at the same thing.

Also what other resources would expect a steam ID? If they’re based off of this RedEm/Redem:RP I think they would just depend on the self.identifier variable in RedEM. Worse case you would have to ensure all of your identifier/owner tables to VARCHAR 60 or higher to ensure SQL queries are executed properly.

Excuse me if I’m completely wrong on this. As I said before, I haven’t even bought Red Dead for PC yet.

1 Like