Announcing Tebex Partnership - Server Monetization / Commerce '2.0'

I replied to you, @nta but being afraid of getting banned on the forum, like I was banned on discord because I suggested to a random user to keep his Antivirus activated, I deleted that reply.

Thank you guys for your extraordinary support, we’ll glad give 15% of all donations + 50$ / month for this flawless platform.

5 Likes

Why would you be banned on the forum for any kind of constructive reply?

And you didn’t even bother to attempt to ask about such a ban, if that at all happened, to clear up any potential misunderstanding?

We’re all humans here, we aren’t perfect. Stop expecting us to be, when you yourself most likely are not either.

1 Like

What about when Albo was advertising to make custom scripts for servers, then, made custom scripts for DOJ, who is notorious for paying for assets, and then Albo coincidentally released his custom firescript that was made for DOJ as soon as DOJ’s assets got leaked.

Seems like profiting off of FiveM has been a thing since the start.

3 Likes

@nta Could you confirm that? Or do server owners now need to let the payments ALL go through Tebex?

Greetings

1 Like

Twitch subscriptions: Amazon takes a 50% fee
Steam games: Valve takes a 30% fee
Isn’t 15% quite low, then?

Can we except like Twitch/gmodstore a smaller fee for those making more revenue?

1 Like

FiveM isn’t even free for server owners who don’t want to make profit, i would like to remind you that you guys need to buy a 50$ patreon if you want to “upgrade” your server slots.

When we are talking about a server BASED on the GTA 5 game if we make profit that will be because of the whole GAME like the los santos map not only vehicle models are Rockstar assets but props are too and ped models too btw i know that some server owners are selling access to ped / vehicle assets so BLOCKING the selling of access to these assets is a little ambiguous.

3 Likes

Aaand no-one force you to do so. Also you don’t purchase anything, you donate to help the project, the same way as you donate or sub to your favourite Twitch streamer :slight_smile:

1 Like

… or you can ask nicely if you have a unique use case other than the 600th copy-paste cookie-cutter RP server that provides no benefit to the platform. In fact, like ~100 such requests have been granted over the past years.

1 Like

Hmm, no i don’t think there is the same stake when you sub to a twitch streamer and when you donate to help the project cough, you guys should really stop saying these things are donation when you know that 90% of these people donate just to upgrade their server.

2 Likes

I never know that, you should promote this way of getting free patreon upgrade, that could enhance the picture people have about CFX :slight_smile:

1 Like

This goes for most things in life but when in doubt, ask nicely. The collective may all have scary elemental names but they are all human.

If you want to do something new on the platform and can’t figure out what to do on your own or need something that an element may be able to help you with, just ask! Keep in mind though, due to the sheer volume of just spam they get a day, they may not get back to you immediately but be polite about it and your voice will be heard.

1 Like

Mmm I read the e-commerce integration and ToS, but I still having some doubts , no ingame advantage from a purchase , ok… so I can’t give things like money currency or any item that make advantage from others , but how to measure what is pay-to-win or not purchase? I mean , if I give for example a good special vehicle directly that is in fact , pay to win , but if for example I just make that only donators can purchase the vehicle with in game currency? Lock that vehicle it could be pay-to-win functionality? Anyway you could buy other similar vehicles but not that specifically.

This is hard to measure specially in Roleplay servers ,because in fact , the objective or advantage is taken by making good Roleplay situations and not specifically about “how many things you have” so… due this relative perspective , when something is pay to win? When the server / server owners consider it or when players consider it? Im a little confused about this

6 Likes

I mean, life still goes on so there isn’t much changing here. Just more ways to support the amazing work from the FiveM fellas, and the people over at Tebex. Good work.

3 Likes

This is very much questionable tho… who in the community runs it?
Like… who is patching issues literally every day, and maintaining the back servers, forums and even the macro organization of the project.

The community servers are run by the community… but this is not enough for the project to even exist without the rest for more than one month until some shit gets updated and suddenly the entirety of FiveM is not compatible anymore and needs to be updated.

I’m not trying to defend FiveM, but come on… it wasn’t “the community” that made more than 4 THOUSAND commits to the codebase.
Unless you actually try to run an open source project, you have no idea how much work it actually is.
See it for yourself.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why so many people feel like this is wrong? People are always complaining for some dumb reason. Why don’t you guys that complain make your own GTA 5 multiplayer mod WITHOUT making ANY profit. If you don’t like that the FiveM team earn a few bucks for all the work they have done for us I guess you complain when going to the store buying clothes too because if you havent noticed yet you probably pay a few 100 percent more in the store compared to what the company pays the company in china making the clothes…

Thanks cfx/FiveM team, Keep up the awesome work you do!

9 Likes

Lets consider this scenario,

I open a server,
I start getting donations and I hit 1k Euro goal,
Except for the 50$ license for the slots I will have to pay another 150 Euros for the FiveM just because… because what? I am glad and I appreciate the hole CFX machine, but at the end of the day this is an open-sourced project, not Steam, not Twitch, not nothing, I dont want to pay more over 50 Dollars for this project. I

Now you are going to say: ok, if you dont like, go clone Github and start your own platform, or go on others, yeah, that is true, but if we all contribute to this machine, as I was naming it, its kinda too much. Its a business for every server owner.
Also didnt mention Hosting + Tebex license, more and more stuff to pay and after all I think
1000-150(15% - CFX)-50(CFX PATREON)-10(Tebex minimum license) - 150(for a fair hosting) = 640 and thats is more than 40% out of the profit that I am not verry happy about that, except for the hosting and the minimum and DECENT FiveM Patreon.

5 Likes

tf $150 for a server host? what are you buying? 15% is not a lot settle down they could make it so no one can profit from it. If they made it closed source 15% would be okay? that argument as invalid as it gets. We should be lucky that we can profit from making our servers.(even tho most don’t do shit for uniqueness) sure you gotta pay patreon but that’s only if you “want” more then 32 slots, Why dont you open multiple servers? fivem is easy to run on a box you don’t need no $150 box to run a server

Thank you cfx for actually allowing us to make some sort of money on fivem. Might make me come back :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! I see on the Tebex side of things theirs only an option for FiveM - can we use this for RedM to? :grinning:

1 Like

This doesn’t even make sense…
$50 and $150 you are already paying and is NOT part of the profit.
So, from the actual $800 profit, you are actually paying up only $130 (15%+10)… which is still pretty good compared to other payment methods?

4 Likes

The issue is rather easy to understand, people aren’t happy that CFX is forcefully taking a cut.

But hey, if this means we’re done with these fits and taking down services because someone is having a bad day I’m all for it

3 Likes