AmbientModelSetMounter (vehiclemodelsets) mounter issue

Client: Ver. 6427 / beta (canary)
Server: Artifact 6405, build b2802 (although it shouldn’t matter since someone has ran into this issue over 2 years ago - Vehiclemodelsets.meta streaming issue)

The issue: AMBIENT_VEHICLE_MODEL_SET_FILE data file type doesn’t seem to acknowledge the Variations (CAmbientVehicleModelVariations) element when being streamed. In result any custom vehicle model sets cannot use tuning, liveries, colors etc.

For testing purposes I’ve created a new vehiclemodelsets.meta file & copied over the LOWRIDERS_MODDED entry from vanilla game files, but changed the model set name to TESTY_TEST for use in custom scenarios. Vehicles would spawn in fine, but without tuning parts - if I swapped the model set name back over to LOWRIDERS_MODDED it worked fine, although model sets are completely identical.

This might be another discrepancy between the initial loader and the DLC mounter. Does R* ever use this data type and/or field in a DLC?

(Moving to Platform Suggestions tentatively, since this isn’t a platform bug but a feature request since it’d involve adding a feature to game code)

I didn’t find any instances of them using it in any DLCs. It looks like they’re just updating the one located over at update.rpf if needed (update\update.rpf\common\data\ai\vehiclemodelsets.meta)

Any potential fix for this?